1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New one so fast?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jjboy, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Jjboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So if you read some of my previous threads, I liked a guy and we were good friends but after I told him, he told me he wasn't gay which hurt a bit but after the next day, I found and hit it off in such a great way with a new guy, and we have been planning to hang out out this upcoming weekend. He is my friend's neighbor and 85% of the time we were just talking to each other while everyone else were chatting among themselves. I got to know him really well, and I noticed he took a liking to me in more than just a friendly way, as he everytime I'd lay down on my friend's bed, he'd join me and get a little closer than I'd expect for a straight guy, we had some private convos of just getting to know each other as well, as if we were on a date. Am I moving too fast after just getting my heart in quite a bit of pain just over 24 hours before and should wait until it's fully recovered? Or is this a good thing, and meaning I should move on and maybe in the near future, ask him as well because I really feel something is up here? Could what I said above be signs that he is trying to get closer to me? Advice?

2. tylerzane69

thats up to you, if you feel its to fast then it is, but you said that when your friend said he was str8 that it hurt a bit, if it didnt hurt alot to the point of breaking your heart, i say get back on the saddle and start riding again, dont give up after one fall.... if you are connecting with this guy then give it a go and dont hold to much back but dont put your whole heart on the line to soon either

3. RaeofLite

I would say move on. It seems that if he is gay (only saying if),
    a) he might not have come to terms with (serious closet case) it
    b) he may think he clicked with you at first but found later on it was just friends or
    c) he may like both sexes and be somewhere on the sex orientation so he may be bi or queer in which case he doesn't want to consider himself gay and isn't lying.

(*hug*) Whichever the case is, you deserve someone that'll stick around and get to know you as a person and want to be with you in turn.

4. olides84

It seems you are thinking through this way too fast. Just hang out with this guy - the two of you - and see what develops. Are you out to him? Is he out to you? Try to get that out in the open before you start severely crushing on him or profess your attraction to him. Keep it on a friend level until you can spend more time and know more about each other.

5. Jjboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Neither of us are out to eachother, but as I get to know him I will eventually tell him. But we have kind of just been talking non-stop via texting, facebook, etc. I'll keep it friendly for now but if he comes out to me and I was right, wouldn't that be too fast for me to take in all at once? I like his personality and presence I guess you can say, but I'll take your advice and keep it friendly.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Moving on is good, but I agree with the others, this is a bit fast.
    As you state yourself, this all happened over the course of just a few days. And yet you also think you got to know him well.
    It may be a bit cynical of me, but I don’t think you can get to know anyone well in such a short span of time. You need to see people on more than one day, and in more than one setting, to get to know them well. At most, you can get the impression that he is a decent guy, who you might want to talk to more.

But there's nothing wrong with keeping in contact, I'd say. If you meet up to hang out, it's always safest to do so in a public setting at first before you get a better impression of what he's like, though.

Don't get too caught up in dreams of romance. Sometimes, when one crush goes badly, the human mind has an odd tendency to latch on to the first new guy that comes along. And rebound crushes are rarely a good idea. If he really is potentially more than a friend, he'll probably still be so in a few weeks. Weeks you can put to good use just becoming friends!