1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he still have feelings for me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ANightDude, Dec 10, 2009.

1. ANightDude

Me and a guy "talked" for about two months and got really close. We stopped "talking" due to some issues, but we've remained great friends. A group of us eat at lunch every day together at school, and I just can't tell where exactly he is. Certain things that got me curious:

- We hug each other before every class, one time I said I wouldn't hug him and he said "No!" and we ended up hugging. :lol:
    - When he makes a certain joke about me or something, he'll grab my hands across the table and put them on top of mine and say "It's okay" as he makes the joke. (In a kidding sort of way, you know?) He did that naturally.
    - We used to play footsies or something like that when we sat across from each other at lunch. Often times his leg brushes against me and I don't mind at all, but half the time if it touches me he won't move it at all, he'll keep it there. The other day he put his feet on top of mine for some reason and didn't move them for what seemed like 15 minutes. No idea why.
    - A while back we had a really intense conversation on the phone (a good one) and the next night we texted a bit, and he called me at 2 in the morning just to say goodnight "because he wanted to".
    - Sometimes it seems like when we stand together he tends to get pretty close to me, or maybe it's just my imagination for this one. :slight_smile:

Never have I been so confused. If anyone here is good at these things, help, please? Gracias. :slight_smile:

2. mmilam75

Only one way to find out...ask him out and see what happens. One of two things is going to happen...he says yes or no, but either way, you're going to know where things stand and you'll put an end to the confusion. It sounds though like he's more than interested in you and he is waiting for you to make the next move.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Jjboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like you've got something going there! I mean I don't think he really would do that unless he had feelings for you. It just doesn't seem natural. From everything you described, and the footsies thing sounds kindda cute :wink: not gonna lie lol.

#3 Jjboy, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  4. x2x2x2x2y2

yup you gotta talk to him! it sounds like theres something there though.

5. ANightDude

Hmmm... oh this all makes me so nervous. I don't want to say the wrong thing. :/

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Maybe you could just ask him if he would like to join you at a coffee shop and talk with him. The more you get to know about him, the more you will get a sense of as to whether there is something there. Just be yourself and talk about what you guys usually talk about about. Follow his cues.

7. ANightDude

Hi! :slight_smile:
    Oh, well we are already very, very good friends, however, so we know each other very well. I wonder if that's a factor in it at all, though...

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh okay. Given that you are already close friends, it could be a factor. Maybe just wait it out a bit longer and see what happens. The next time, he comes really close or touches you the way he has done in the past, maybe pull him aside and just tell him 'I like you' (if this is the case) and see what he says. How would you feel about that sort of an approach?