1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uhh so this girl asked for my number. What now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by notquitebutch, Dec 13, 2009.

1. notquitebutch

Hey guys, I'm freaking out a little bit :'D

Every thursday, I go to this LGBT group which is really great. Last week was DDR/Karaoke night, so everyone had a crazy time dancing and singing and playing other miscellaneous games, nothing serious. There's a girl who's been coming to the last few meetings, who I never really talked to much until thursday. She seems really nice, but I didn't think much else of her besides a nice, potential friend in the group.

But.

I was leaving, and she ran to catch me outside of the door. She asked for my number so she can 'get to know me better'. I gave it to her, of course, and we've been talking a little bit (on facebook, since I can't txt her. My plan sucks.)

I don't know what to do now :'D I'm the worst at picking up flirty vibes. She said she was nervous asking for my number, and that she wanted to get to know me better... should I assume she's interested or? (I really, really am bad at this...)

I don't like her, but I think she's the kind of person who I can like if I got to know her better. We both like photography, but the fact that she smokes/drinks (I think) makes me really nervous, because I don't. She did tell me she thinks smoking is a dirty habit she needs to stop, so maybe that's a good sign? I don't know. She seems really laid back and sweet, which I really love, but I'm just not sure what to do this thursday when I see her. I don't want to make it look like I reeeeally like her, but I don't want to give off an uninterested vibe, either. And now that she asked for my number, I know I'm going to be very shy around her. Gaah.

What would you guys do? :'D

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no reason you cant get to know her better and then just take it from there. I dont think there is any harm in chatting to her outside of the group especially if you have similar interests, I think I would just be cautious if the communication became particularly frequent or if she asked you to meet up like just the 2 of you, but even that wouldnt mean you cant be friends with her, just that you would need to be honest with her and let her know you were only interested in friendship.
    I guess the key to it is just honesty and communication but then I am no expert.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with silverhalo, you can get to know her then see where you are at that time.if you don't feel that way toward her then you can deal with it at that time, is doesn't mean you can't be friends.