1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kizza111, Dec 14, 2009.

1. kizza111

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

My friend that i've known for years now is allways so immature! Its really annoying, e.g

"what lesson do we have next"
    'your mum'

It's just stupid and childish! But the thing thats really starting to annoy me is 'that's gay' etc, for everything bad he uses the word gay, and when ever someone insults him or hes having a fight, he will just say ' yeah but you're gay' its the most annoying thing ever and i really cant stand to be around him but i cant just tell him i hate him (im not out to him) HELP :angry:

2. Mister Gaga

Huuum, I think that the best thing to do is to talk to him, try to make him realise that it's immature, childish, annoying, and whatever you want.

Tell him that it's not funny, and that you're not gonna stand to be around him if he keeps on doing that. Make him -or at least give it try- understand that the word gay doesn't mean stupid, bitch, bad, strange, difficult and so on.

That's what I would do if I were in your shoes, and if he doesn't care abot what you said, you know the answer :wink:

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Immature??.. your only 14.

4. kizza111

dont patronise me....

i may be 14 but i dont act as a stereotypical 14 yr old, u dont know what kind of person i am so dont assume im immature just because im not physcially...

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I think he meant more that you can't expect your friends to act maturely at your age. I understand that him saying gay frequently may upset you but you can't take it personally. What you can do is explain to him that it is offensive and wrong to say. I wouldn't do anything if he continues to say it though because you are younger and you'll find that people around you are going to say things like "That's gay" You can't change the world. It sucks but it is true.

6. Otsuke

Exactly.

It's not something that bothers me, hearing my friend saying something is gay of "fif" XD. I go to a french school and the word "fif" is to describe a guy who acts a "feminine way", you know? I'm maybe the only gay guy to do this but I often use the expressions involving the words "gay" and "fif".

XD I am gay but I really act like a straight boy, so it's kind of tough to people to notice I am gay. It's not rare for me to say my teacher is sooooo gay 'cause he gave me a detention hahaha! I think it's just a word like an other, BUT your friend has to be careful with the we HE uses it. If it's to insult YOU with YOUR "gayness", then it's effing wrong.

That's my opinion ... not obliged to agree with it ^^ ;;

7. TroubledRyan

"Gay" is a very controversal word,ya im gay,okay

But when I really don't like somthing,I will say it is gay(somtimes)because I have different contexts for the word "gay".And your friend can mean it that way as well,he might not be intentionaly poking at gay people,but it is just the contexts he uses the word in.

8. Harve

The more the word "gay" is used, the more it loses it's meaning imo, i honestly wouldn't worry about it. And friends DO mature eventually, i promise.

9. Brandford

I know how you feel, I say just tell him not to do it because its wrong and make sure he knows your serious. I personally do not allow any close friends to use gay in that way in my presence and if they do I have no problem what so ever with giving them a lecture or just cussing them out because it does get on my nerves, people just don't have any manners. No one understands the gravity of what that does, what if your around a child and using gay like that? A child will automatically think gay=bad, pisses me off really that people don't care what their actions do indirectly.

My ex, uses the word gay like that alot. And at one point he expressed to me he thought he might be gay (hes bi) and he said he wouldn't admit to it because He doesn't like the sound of it, and thats what it does, it makes it harder to accept and it puts the idea that being gay is awful in undeveloped minds.

#9 Brandford, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  10. fallendream

i have to say i agree with them. at your age (and at mine) we can't expect our friends to be 'mature' and 'sensible' all the time because it just ain't likely.

11. BasketCase

I don't think the age is particuarly relevant as I have heard teens, those in their 20's and a few moronic guys older than that use the word in the that derogatory way.

Its anoying but unless its actually said specifically to insult me I will let it slide.