1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have to come out to roommies...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lurvcurvs, Dec 19, 2009.

1. lurvcurvs

I need a place to live by January 1st. I've been searching for months, can't ind anything. my friend just offered to let me stay at his place for like, 200 dollars. dirt cheap. and month to month too. and i need to find a place by this weekend so its perfect
    BUT
    i'm coming out to my parents next week or the week after, and when he finds out he might not let me stay, meaning i'll have no place to live. so i need to come out to him right now so i know if he will let me stay or not so if he doesn't i still have time to look at another place to live.
    BUT
    he is good friends with my brother, and i'm worried that he might tell my brother. i want to tell this guy tonight, but hes drunk. and tomorrow hes hanging out with my brother all day. but i need to have a place by this weekend and i need to find out if i can live in his house or not, meaning i need to come out to him.

sorry, i hope this mess of an explanation makes sense. any ideas? :eek:

2. TroubledRyan

hmm,I'd tell him after he got back with your brother,and ask him to please not tell,but it all depends on weither you can trust him,if you can't,you can either not tell him,and keep it a secret from him,or find a new place ahead of time,so you don't even have 2 worry about telling him...jus my opinion

3. Jim1454

Maybe you just shouldn't come out to anyone right now. Don't complicate your life any more than you need to.

4. x2x2x2x2y2

I agree with Jim. I think maybe this isnt the right time.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it depends. Do you THINK it'll be problematic? If not, why NOT keep it to yourself for now? He didn't offer the room to you on the condition that you're straight - he just offered you the room. So thank him, take him up on it, and do your damnedest to be a model boarder while you're there. (In short, keep things totally clean and quiet at all times.)

Lex

6. lurvcurvs

i talked to a mutual friend who is the only friend that i've come out to, and she doesn't think that he will flip. but i really need to come out to my family because of a lot of drama in the family that i wont go into detail about. but, i kinda have to come out. and i'm ok with that.

7. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're coming out to your parents soon anyways, you'll have to come out to your brother. Maybe you should just get those two out of the way now so when you come out to this kid you'll have nothing to worry about.

8. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's my tuppence:

Don't come-out just yet. Move in for a couple months whilst looking for more-permanent residence.

Once you've secured your own housing, come-out as you wish.

That's what I'd do, for what it's worth.