1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old School Bullying Help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mana, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Mana

Basically, the story is, I left school a year ago, when I was in year 10, due to homophobic bullying. Although the bullying was going on right in front of the teachers and staff's noses, it seemed as though they were pretending nothing was wrong so they wouldn't have to deal with the situation, and because I didn't even know the majority of the cluprits, no one was punished for pretty much driving me out of school and more or less ruining most chance of me getting an education*. They've won.

So I've spent a year out of school and I'm pretty much over it. Until recently, I found out that people had been saying that it was MY fault that they bullied me.

I told my mum, and she said it doesn't matter because I'm not there anymore. It DOES matter! It matters so much! I cant have these people thinking that what they've done is acceptable. That they've won. That they can do it to someone else. I dont want anyone else to ever have to go through what I did.

My school have never done a lesson, assemble, presentation etc. on homophobia, sexuality etc. Save for one time, when barely anyone even spoke. The teacher stressed out, so one boy said, and I quote, "I aint got nuffin against gays" then no one said anything else so the teacher stressed out more and gave up. This lesson wasn't even a proper lesson on homophobia, he'd just used being gay as an example.

So, I was wondering, what can I do to make my old school do something about the blatant homophobia problem they have? Has a similar thing happened to anyone here? What did you do?

I was thinking of writing to the head teacher, but the head teachers are currently changing so I'm not sure how that would work.

Please help, I really need to do something about this, I just dont know what.

*I can do a whole separate rant on how bad help for home educated students is

2. TroubledRyan

uhmm,well...if you are wanting to change the school around,to make the school more gay open...I might got an idea,I really don't know though.

Okay,you know how you have school asemblies,and people come and talk for like,sexual deaseses,breast canser,etc.You can try to contact one of those organizations that go in and speak to school students,and ask them if you can go with them,and do one on gay's...I duno how it would work,but just my idea

3. Schu

If this is such a problem in your school, talking to anyone in the school may not help at all. Maybe getting your parents to send a letter to the board of education in your area would have some effect.

4. TroubledRyan

ya.that CAN help,but if you have a gay assembly,I think that would be extreamly sucesseful