1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compatibility and clinginess

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lucy, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Lucy

i was wondering: should dependency on the other person...or perhaps "clinginess" ratios should be of any concern in a couple's compatibility?
    supposing everything else seems to be going well; just one of the couple isn't willing to be quite as dedicated, time-wise?

2. -Michael-

I had this exact problem.
    But its been 3 months.and we are fine.
    He doesn't seem to put as much in time wise.
    But after a while you don't need as much time and it doesn't really matter. Just stick it out for a bit and it'll be fine

3. Just Adam

i dunno if its an issue or not personally i would like my partner to not be clingy as such but to want to be with me and do things with merlike if somthing comes up i would like to be the first choice aslong as they dont forget their friends as i know how it feels to be on teh back end of that..

one thing i remember about relationships...more people are in a relationship than jsut the two people...you have friends and family aswell who have emotional investments in them....

i know of people who dont liek clingy partners and their partners like to be atentive s it were...but teh fact is if you love someoen you jsut have to adapt its all about comprimise.