1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ArcusPuer, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ArcusPuer

ok this is pretty much just me bitching, ok i feel that every other gay guy i meet is ten times hotter than me (in which case they have no interest in me) and/or ten times faggier, (which isn't really what i'm into, i love them as friends but i wouldn't want to date one.)

and somehow i got persuaded to go to minus again, which i disliked it the first time, but i told myself that i might meet someone, well i got shot down once coz he said he was straight (not saying he was lying, but he was one of the gayest looking there).

I have no idea how i'm going to ever meet anyone my type and this makes me sad, coz my type wouldn't go to minus, i've only gone there coz my friends have and i'm kinda lonely.

I have been in a relationship before but that was with a friend of a friend and i'm not sure i can wait for that opportunity again.

I barely cry nowadays and yet i'm crying again, not coz of that straight guy, just coz i don't think i'll ever meet anyone.

so, this isn't just bitching, i wanna know, are there any other tried tested and proven ways to meet guys?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Minus isn't a great pick-up place for everyone. If you're a bit more shy, and the people you think are your type is similar, a dance party isn't likely to be where you find those people. (For those not in the know, Minus is an organisation that runs events for queer youth, big dance parties and some smaller social events, and one of the dance parties was tonight - I'm on the committee, and ArcusPuer, you may have seen me in the cloak room.)

Trust me, I know how you feel (*hug*) I've spent so long convinced that I am the world's least attractive and least interesting queer girl, and that nobody would want a relationship with me, that it's really hard to break that feeling. (And you're doing better than I am, I'm four years older than you and haven't really had a relationship.) But seriously, you will find someone. A dance party just might not be the best place to look. Check out some of the Minus+ social events we also run - more based around talking and having fun than about crowded dance floors and making out - and if you can, work on switching your focus from finding a boyfriend to making friends. If you go out with your first operative being to find a boyfriend, you might look right through someone who could be a great friend - and who might be your connection to that guy you've been looking for.

3. Jim1454

You're 15 years old.

Most people here in EC have not had a relationship by the time they are 15. You've had one. You're WAY AHEAD of most people on that front. So you need to reset your expectations a little and not be so worried about having a boyfriend. It will happen when it happens, and you really don't have a whole lot of control over it.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As Jim mentioned above, you are only 15 years old. You are worrying about something where there is nothing to worry about. You will meet someone who is your type. Is having a boyfriend the most important thing at your age? Not really.

As Maddy said, Minus events have their benefits but there are also limitations. Yes you have the opportunity to meet others and talk with them, but at the same time, dance parties aren't the greatest place to talk to people. Maybe try going to the social events. Another thing you could do is try finding (another) LGBT youth club in Melbourne that you could join.

Hope this helps a bit!

5. ArcusPuer

Thanks guys, Yeah sorry i was feeling super moody and shit last night.
    It's just annoying coz all my straight friends seem to have boyfriends/girlfriends and they find them in classes and stuff just so easily.

Yeh I did see you there Maddy, I might consider checking out those other events, but yeah my expectations i think are a little warped at the moment...

and though you may say it's not the most important thing at the age of 15, everyone else who is 15 and in a relationship seems to differ on that point. Pisses me off that I get influenced by others so much, but such is life.

Yeah it's hard to change how i'm feeling just coz i know it's stupid...
    My friend Lucy tells me to blame it on 'whoremones'...