1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I make a move?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jazzyspazzy, Dec 22, 2009.

1. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, so there's this girl...

-we're in the same boarding house
    -she's three years older than me
    -i'm friends with her and all the other people in her year group
    -she's gay
    -i'm not entirely sure, but lately, I think she's been flirting with me

Anyone seeing this would say "MAKE A MOVE!!!" but the thing is that my other friends in her year group have told me not to make a move because she fancied someone else. However, that was quite a while ago, and she might have changed her focus (onto me, hopefully).

I'm scared of doing anything because if she doesn't like me back, that could make things awkward around the boarding house. However, we're not that close, even though she knows I'm bi. Also, I've never been out with a girl before, so I'm kinda nervous in case I actually get what I want (that doen't make any sense...).

You guys can see how confusing this is, so can anybody help me know what to do next?

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say make a move if you're into her and you think she's flirting with you. It's not about the fact that she likes someone else, it's about you. How can you know for sure that she likes you if you never initiate anything. atleast flirt back.

3. x2x2x2x2y2

Get closer to her. But also be prepared that you could be rejected. If you do persue it, good luck!! :slight_smile:

4. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks guys... everyone i've asked has said 'go for it' so that's encouraging!

5. bouncingsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Lifes short. Flirt back and see where it takes you. If you dont know her so well get to know her better before you make a move :slight_smile: it'll be easier than trying to when your dating!

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The gargoyle on the messageboard tells you to make a move already. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. RaeofLite

Make a move. Be open to the fact that you might be rejected (hey it happens and it's not necessarily you, but it could be the fact that she's not bi or gay or you two just don't have chemistry maybe?)

But one statement to live by: Get rid of the "what ifs" in your life, even if you might face possible rejection. If you don't make a move you'll wonder what if for a while-if not forever. :slight_smile: