1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips please.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Time, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Time

I'm moving out of state in a week to live with my dad. I'll be in a new school where I don't know a single person. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I'm trying not to overdo it. I know I need to be myself. The thing is, I don't plan on coming out at all. I've had to put up with way too much shit here. Anyway, advice would be nice. :thumbsup:

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take it easy on the first day. If you walk in feeling all nervous then they'll hone in on it like sharks on blood. And you've already mentioned the best advice but I think it bears repeating, be yourself.

3. Connor22

say hi. You never what kind of conversations or friends can appear out of just saying hi. Find a crowd of normal (looking) people, and go say hi. If you don't feel brave enough, just try not to be a dick if anyone comes over and alks to you.

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life would be easier for you if you were out when you got there. People probably wont give you that much shit for being gay at the new school if they've never been surprised by it. I wish I had come out when I transferred colleges but I didnt and now i have to struggle with telling my room mates and whatnot.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

Be youself, of course i had to say it, and also when making friends look for people who seem open minded, so that when you do eventually come out they are more likely to be ok with it. Good luck!! :slight_smile:

6. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    It's perfectly understandable that you don't want to go through coming out all over again. However, it's not enjoyable going back into the closet. Be yourself, but don't think that being gay has to be your defining characteristic. There are a lot of other things about you that can garner up some friends. Don't lie to them though about your sexuality. But if you're worried about it, don't let it be something that comes up in friendly chit chat