1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

meeting people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by touchofgrey, Dec 26, 2009.

1. touchofgrey

So I've kind of decided recently that I would love to start dating....except, I have no idea how to go about doing this. How do I assert myself with people (flirt??) and how do I let people know, when I meet them, that I am interested in dating and not just friendship? I go to college and a lot of people there just don't seem interested in dating or flirting or whatever...they just want to be friends, it seems. I know part of it is on me, because I don't really know how to flirt or how to let someone know I'm interested....

What can I do??

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! When you meet someone that interests you or you feel attracted to and would like to go on a date, you could always talk to that person and ask her if she would like to get together for a coffee and dinner. Maybe start things off by saying to her you are cute, or if you know her better, maybe say to her I like you.

Another way would be for a date simply to develop. Start with a coffee and than just let the day progress from there.

Keep talking to people and try to get to know them better. The more you do that, the higher your chances are that you will meet someone who might have also feelings for you or finds you interesting and wants to give a shot.

Hope this helps a bit!

3. touchofgrey

that helps a lot!

I feel like I get impatient a lot of the time and get overwhelmed with feelings of "oh I'll never meet anyone" but.... lol I've only been interested in the dating scene for maybe six months or so....no dates... I don't know... I guess I just have to keep on putting myself out there and meeting people!

4. InaRut

The dating game is a game of both patience and precision striking. You have to wait for a chance to arrive, and when they chance does arrive you need to be quick to grab it.

Wait...Dating game...That's the Capture the Flag game :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: sorry!

In all seriousness though don't let the fact that you haven't been dating get you down or make you feel impatient. Despite the fact that we all feel this.. It's only going to make you all to hasty to get into the wrong kind of relationships. Make sure when you get a girlfriend its based off of attraction (both physically and mentally) and not just because you need one.

Don't worry about not being able to find anyone...Patience is important here...Wait till opportunity strikes and go for it.

ANYWAYS, when opportuntiy does come out Coffee dates are perfect :grin:! You can look cultured, get some caffiene, and see if you and that person can "click."

Good luck :grin:!