1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

random guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bevo, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Bevo

ok, this is what happens, it may sound silly but hear me out.

Whenever I'm out or just walking somewhere and i see a cute guy I can't help myself but stare or shoot quick glances in their direction. What does this mean? Is it a partial-confirmation of my confused sexuality?

Is this a normal occurrence for those unsure of their sexuality? Can someone help me work out what it all means?

Thanks

2. BasketCase

I thought everyone did that to be honest. Its natural to look at a good looking guy if you are attracted to guys in general.

3. Gaetan

For myself, I took the fact that I noticed more guys like that an girls as just another confirmation that I really was gay.

I would say you're perfectly normal. :grin:

4. Mondo

It probably means you're into guys. If you like what you see, what's so confusing?

5. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say it is a normal occurrence for someone sexually attracted to males. I do that all the time (plenty-o-cuteness on campus).

Confirmation of your confusion? Well, I would say there is no doubt you are working things out. Your profile there says you are confused about what the hell your attraction mechanism is doing, and you are clearly a male who enjoys looking at other males (arms folded behind the head, am I right fellas?). When I was your age, I would go so far as to fantasize about guys, all while convincing myself I was bi leaning towards women, so I know the feeling.

Coincidentally, you describe them as cute. Now, word choice does not make you gay/bi/pick-a-label, but I'd say 7 out of 10 or so of the gay men I've run into, myself included, almost exclusively use the term cute for "dude I'd like to go out with" when admiring the masses.

So, I'd say you're leaning pretty far into the homosexual camp from the information given. And that is okay, it certainly isn't silly, and there is no need to worry about that fact itself. The scary stuff is what the people closest to you will do when you figure it all out and tell them, and that is what keeps people in the closet. You're at the right place, so take two of these: (*hug*), and surf EC every morning. :wink:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't do that. Ever. I just never have. I don't think it's wrong, or that people who do it are weird. I'm just not visually attuned.

What does it mean that you do it? It means you like looking. How do you feel when you do it? Do you usually like what you see? :slight_smile:

Lex

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you like looking at cute guys then you are probably gay. I find myself doing the same thing, only the quick glance part, I don't stare... because then I a drool.

8. paco

paco Guest

i do that all the time. ALL THE TIME. can't help it at all. and shifty eyes is one of my ways of figuring out if a guy is gay.

also, do you find yourself looking at girls in the same way? i always did, but it was more because i was supposed to and i forced myself to look at them and then i'd look away cause i didnt ever know what i was supposed to be looking at.

9. Silvermark

Well the first question is; do you still feel attraction to women?
    If not; then there's probably quite a high chance you may be gay.

If you do, then there's more chance of you being bisexual, though bisexuality can vary in it's scale...