1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving on tips

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dudethere, Dec 28, 2009.

1. dudethere

So I know that some time or another everyone suffers a broken heart, unfortunately myself is included. I fell in love over the summer and still haven't been able to get over him. Please give me some feedback such as tips and tricks to moving on or other helpful things. All responses are appreciated.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off: (*hug*)

Moving on is never easy and it can take a while before one is fully over someone. Try to stay busy at all times. Try to spend as much as time as possible with your friends. try to get to know new people by joining activities at school or in your community. The idea here is that the more you keep doing new things the more your mind will concentrate on them as new things are exciting and something that needs to be explored. If you have started to become more active with new activities, or are seeing friends more often, or are trying to get to know new people, keep doing that. It will pay off!

Do you have some hobbies? Pursue those more often and enjoy them together with others. If not, perhaps try to create a couple of new hobbies and pursue them on a regular basis.

If you are still having contact with him or see him, try to gain distance from him. I know this can be really hard, but given that you are hurting and are still thinking about him, building distance becomes really important. Related to that, put stuff that reminds you of him away so that you don't see it. If you are friends on facebook or MySpace, try not to look at his pictures or his profile.

Also, in meeting new people you might be able to find someone with whom it will work out. Maybe one way to move on and/or get over him, would be perhaps to start dating again. Not sure how you would feel about that but it is perhaps worth a thought.

As you keep going these things you will be able to move on.

I hope this helps a bit! (*hug*)

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know you don't want to hear give it time, that really is the only medicine fir heart ache.

Something I can tell you NOT to do is jump into another relationship to make yourself feel better, IE the rebound relationship. It doesn't end well you end up hurting the other person, and it is a selfish thing to do.

4. Silvermark

There is always the easy route... Which isn't necessarily the best route...
    Just think of him as a total asshole. You don't have to treat him like one, but think about him negatively in as many ways as possible...

It works; it just isn't a very positive way to do it. But considering the fact I see the guy I have feelings for almost every day, it works well if I just think of him like that...

5. Joe Jetfighter

Out Status:
    Some people
    Time is the only thing that can heal a broken heart. Until the healing process takes its course, you just have to tough it out. You have to let yourself feel the pain for it to go away, so you shouldn't try to block it out or ignore it. Suppressing your emotions isn't healthy, but at the same time, it's just as unhealthy to sulk in your hurt alone or constantly mull over it. If you have a good friend, try to talk to them about it. Tell them everything you feel comfortable sharing. Don't be afraid to cry or let your emotions show. Keep yourself occupied so the hurt isn't always on your mind. Surround yourself with as many friends and things to do as you can. Tell yourself it's okay to feel hurt, and remind yourself that it will pass.