1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Years Resolution #1 Come out to parents before mid Jan

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by drake86, Dec 29, 2009.

1. drake86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so I am home for one more day and then I go to meet up with some friends before finally going back to my home halfway across the country. I wrote my parents a letter about 4 months ago and still have not sent it. It sits in my car. I guess I really should have sent it but I honestly forgot about it and also when I did think about it I got way to nervous. We had dinner tonight just me and them, my sisters were out of town, and it probably would have been the perfect time to tell them. Should I tell them in person if I plan on letting them know by the letter anyway? I am not going to see them until the summer.

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm battling with the same situation right now, I'v got the letter written but i'm having second thoughts on doing it in person or atleast giving it to them at a time while i'm home to talk about it. What I'm thinking right now is that I leave the letter, let them find it, read it then I come home and we talk about it. So maybe that's best if you dont think you can say it to them and discuss it that way. Face to face is deffinately harder but maybe just starting it is the hard part, which makes the letter and easy way out of that part of it. Whatever you choose, good luck!