1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

graduate school :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 71390S, Dec 30, 2009.

1. 71390S

71390S Guest

Hello peoples! My boyfriend is graduating from undergraduate college and applied to 1 graduate school in colorado, and 1 in turkey. Turkey is his number 1 choice. I am still a freshman at college and Berkeley is a looooong way from Turkey. We've been together for almost 5 monthes and he wouldn't leave for Turkey for a while and I do support him but I am really worried we won't be able to make the relationship work. We talked about what would happen, but not in super detail, since like I said it's not like he would leave until may.

He's my first boyfriend but I really can't imagine ending a relationship with him :frowning2: Our relationship is amazing and intellectually and logically I know there are men just as great as him out there but emotionally I don't believe anyone can hold a flame to him. It's like logic doesn't apply to relationships xD. He loves me at my best, when I act like an asshole and inbetween.

My life in CA is so built in with him in it. I spend the night at his apartment a few nights a week, and frolic around SF with him, it just won't be the same if he's gone.

I don't know what kind of advice I need but everytime I think about him going away I get real sad : /

2. olides84

Hey Shawn, first a (*hug*) Even though it's tough to think about him leaving for awhile and wonder if your relationship can survive it, maybe it would be good to expand out of your comfort zone these upcoming months. Make/cultivate friendships with others, get involved in other things, etc., that could also be integral parts of your CA life. Maybe you could also think of this as an opportunity to do something/go somewhere really unique over the summer, since he would be half a world away anyway. Overall, you have survived before without a boyfriend by your side, you can do so again.

3. dude99

dude99 Guest

well guess you need to make the most out of the time you have left together. Perhaps you 2 can go away for a vacation soon.

It is also a time perhaps to reconnect with friends you have not really had much in touch with or try to spend more time with your friends. You will need them especially when your boyfriend leaves.