1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About the Job Corps and Background Checks

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pikachu1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am trying to join the Job Corps. They told me that I have to go to my circuit court and get a background check that I can give to my job corps counselor when I go in to interview to see if I qualify for the program. I tried calling the circuit court but a machine said that due to budget cuts they no longer have live help and can only provide the hours and location for the circuit court. I was wondering if anyone knew what the cost of a background check is and how long it would take to do one. I'm supposed to meet my counselor on the 5th to discuss stuff about the job corps and then set a date for the interview. Is it possible for me to get the background check in like a week or so?

Also does anyone have any info on the Job Corps? I checked out their site but that didn't really help me get a feel for what it would be like to be in it. I would like to know what it is like living at their Center and what I could expect in terms of their classes and other stuff.