1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of gay am I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andromeda, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know I'm gay but I don't notice any attractive guys in real life? I don't really pay attention or get crushes on guys, but I want a boyfriend. It's like I'm blind to the appearances they have as long as it is a male.

And I don't think I can fall deeply in love either since I see relationships as a way for my own advantage.

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You mean you don't notice them in real life, but do notice them in the media or in movies? If so, you might have a hard time finding guys like that, since most people in media are fotoshopped to meet a standard unattainable for real guys.

If you never really notice guys by looks at all, it might mean that you're just not that visually oriƫnted, and looks don't matter as much to you as they do for some other people. If so, that's really not a problem. You can find guys based on other bases than pure physical attraction!

Regardless of how you see relationships, falling in love just happens, if you're open for it. From that, a relationship can develop, if you let it. Even if you don't see it happening right now, just try to keep an open mind about it. Sooner or later you'll run into a guy with whom it just clicks. He might not be the hottest guy on the block, and you might not have thought him to be your type at first, but when it clicks, it clicks, and that's really all that's needed. So it's probably best to just meet new people as friends, and see what comes of it.

Entering into a relationship for personal advantage is probably not going to be very enjoyable. And most people who would pay you in favours are probably not really interestged in a relationship, just in sex. And once they tire of you, you might be quickly forgotten when the next guy comes along. What kind of advantage would you hope to get from a relationship?

3. Camman3

You could be like me - I only experience intense sexual arousal when I have a romantic connection to someone... aka I get turned on by the person I am in love with.

If you don't have any intense feelings for anyone/ if you never have, maybe you will experience that when it does happen? You can't control who you fall for, but I'm sure you know that already. I don't know how much more I can add to this thread, unfortunately...

Filip beat me to it! Hehe. Happy New Year, Andromeda.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Filip has a good point. The people in media have surgical and photoshop accessories at their disposal. Prehaps you're being shallow only looking for physical attractiveness. Looks only make up a small part of a relationship, but personality makes up a large part. Think about how many people you see with a hot BF/GF and they are miserable becuase of the high maintenance.

As for that you never seem to get crushes thing, God do I envy you!
    Heats will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.