1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love-induced depression ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ralphtruco, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Why must love be so... i dont know >_> bad for me? always that i try to get close to someone i end in this stupid state...and not in a two-way kind of..way xD
    My latest great adventure in this is with Karu, a guy who in the begining i tried to use to get over a suposed guy who i was in loved with (i realized just days ago that that was like... physical only or something, not "love"), anyway we went out for 3 weeks and then he went on a trip to another city, when he returned things...werent the same so we stopped it.
    After everthing, i still was hang up on him, but it was just a crush... Months passed (that was on september of last year, oh yeah by the way xD happy new year) and i think i have really fallen in love with him (i used to think that things like "marriage with a guy" was completely, well im not gonna say the word xD it might cause some people to be angry around here, the point is that with him...it sound amazing, just imagining being with him for ever its just "x3")
    We tried it again like in november or so, but...i did something very stupid that i think it might just seal or fate as friends (um some day after i was hurt of him telling me trough a friend that something we did on a "date" dint mean anything to him, the same friend without telling me invited him to where we were going so i was surprised and told him in a way to upset him so he would be cruel to me and start hating him u_u "what the "ยท!" are you doing here? nobody invited you")
    I reciently asked him for a second chance...and he again went to the same city but lately he told me that he was probably never gonna give it to me that no matter how much i love him he cant correspond me...
    So obviously that got me really, but really depressed i know it sounds stupid but maybe he was...the one
    I asked him that please he would tell me these thing in person (to see his corporal language when he is telling me these things) and also i wanted to hug him for a long while and tell him these "I know you have been hurt in the past a lot by men, and thats why ur considering to be straight... but please know that i promise to never hurt you and only want to make you happy and that i love you" or something to that effect (yeah >_> i was like ">_>" when my friend told me he wanted to change that ...)
    and...thats all...what do you think? or...something xD? (especially in the last part)

2. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Um... Anyone xD?

3. Sicsemper79

I am not quite sure what to tell you here my friend. In any relationship, gay / straight / whatever, both parties have to be into it. From you description above, it sounds to me like he is not interested in talking to you.

You mentioned he might be looking into girls. Perhaps his reaction to you is him reevaluating his own sexuality or continually coming to terms with himself.

In the end, my advice is the same. Leave the door open for him to return but don't chase. If he wants to be with you, he will come back. If you talk to him at all, tell him that you hope that he is happy and that you will be there for him if he needs you. That, unfortunately, is it. Step 2 is to concentrate on you. Go out with your friends and meet new people!

4. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    On the coming to terms with himself part... I dont think thats what it is, he is bisexual...but is just that he had enough with guys hurting him and things like that, he just wants to change that
    And u_u idk my friend MADE me do a profile on a gay dating online..thing xD but u_u i just want him