1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think my mom is going to be accepting?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andromeda, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well my mother was complaining about me being gay and stuff. I had an earlier thread about this. She's has a negative attitude towards it basically. But doesn't really know if I am gay.

And now she's planning to be a stripper (low morals maybe?), but assuming she has lower morals do you think she will be more fine with me being gay just by thinking of being a stripper.

I told her I was fine with her being a stripper though, since she wants to make money.

2. olides84

At first I thought that your mom being a stripper (or not) has nothing to do with you being gay and her reactions to it. But it does bring up some parallels. I mean, she should not be surprised when she gets negative reactions from people because of those other people's 'morals', just like you may get for being gay. And here you are supporting her, why won't she support you? And of course, there's the whole she is choosing to be a stripper, while you are not choosing to be gay aspect of things. Maybe keep these in mind when/if you come out to her.

3. Jim1454

Very hard to say.

I'd say you need to feel good about yourself regardless of what your mom things - or what she takes up as a profession.

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm betting your mom will love you no matter what. When she becomes a stripper she might have more appreciation for you being gay, she'll probably start to get disgusted by straight men... they can be so crude and rude! lol
    My mother asked me not to be gay, but I think she'll love me still when I tell her. I think most parents wouldnt stop loving their kids just because of their sexual preference