1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships + busy life = ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hugo Boss, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Hugo Boss

Well, I don't know why I'm making this thread tbh. I am just in a pickle. I like a guy and would like to be in a relationship with him but at the same time, I am extremely busy. I have lots of studying & have to arrange and do some legal work and loads of stuff.

I sort of feel like I should put guys on hold and focus all my energy on my exams/studying & legal placement. But at the same time, I want to have a boyfriend to love and who'll love me in a more intimate way than family - as a sort of comfort from the world.

What do you all think? :frowning2:

2. kettleoffish

they equal a pain in the arse (not the good kind, either).

Me and my boyfriend both have a lot of commitments as well as exams and homework from school, which isn't helped by the fact that public transport between our two towns is absolutely atrocious and we're both too young to drive (and too poor to afford our own cars when we do learn anyway). We make it work though, and when we do get the chance to meet up (which can be as little as every few weeks), we make it special.

3. mmilam75

I'd suggest that the two are not mutually exclusive. A lot of times, we overthink things...go out on a few dates with the guy you're interested in, see if things click and go from there. You may find you're not compatible, and then you can focus on your studies. If you find someone that you fall in love with, you'll find a way to make things work...that's what people in love do.

Good luck!

4. Jim1454

If this other guy is just as busy as you are, then I think you'd be OK. Because life doesn't necessarily get less busy as time goes on. Quite the opposite.

The issue will be that he's waiting for you all the time, and hinting that you shouldn't be studying or shouldn't be working. And that will be frustrating for both of you.

My boyfriend and I both work full time. We're both professionals (I'm an accountant and he's a university professor). We both have 2 children from our marriages to women. Yet we certainly have time for a relationship. But we clearly understand the priorities and commitments that the other has, because we have many of them in common. That's the key I think.

Good luck!

5. EM68

Everyone has given you some great advice. Is he is school or working? If he is, he probably has a busy schedule also. Go out with him see what happens. Also talk to him let him know that you are in school and have a full schedule. He may not mind. I think having a rounded life, not just school is good.

My bf and I both have busy schedules. I work 50 + hours a week and he is the president of his church and takes classes. Somehow we make it work. We communicate a lot and are flexible when it comes to seeing each other.