1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lgtb

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TroubledRyan, Jan 4, 2010.

1. TroubledRyan

uhmm,I gess I don't really have a problem...but ow do you find out if you have a LGTB group in your area?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Maybe do a Google search with LGBT and the following combination: your area, support, youth, group, events, etc...

Another way to find out would be to look at the college/university website and see if their group has a site. Often times, if they do have a website, they will also have links to other support groups that might give you a few more pointers. Also, try to find a PFLAG chapter nearest to you. Try to call or e-mail them for more information. If you feel or you rather not call or e-mail them, feel free to let me know which PFLAG chapter is nearest you, and I can contact them for you and perhaps get some information for you.

Also, check out if your high school has a GSA (gay-straight alliance) or a LGBT club. Maybe have a look on your school's website or ask perhaps counseling services or their someone in their office if your school has a GSA.

Hope this helps a bit!

3. BasketCase

4. TroubledRyan

kay,thanks...it looks like the closet group is an hour away....hmm I figured it would be,kinda live in a small town
    but thanks you guys