1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible that I'm scaring guys off some how? Lol.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

I know this probably sounds odd; but I'm starting to think that I scare boys away for some reason! I don't know what it is about me because girls seem to love me but it's harder for me to convince guys.

It seems like every crush I've had on a guy since like 8th grade has ended up with him barely speaking to me somewhere down the line. (I'm in 11th now btw, so this is 3.5 years and many crushes later haha.)

I don't start to flirt with guys EVER unless they do something or things repeatedly to flirt with me. Not because I expect guys to pick me up, but because I'm not the most "straight acting" guy for lack of a better phrase, and I'm incredibly approachable. Like if I don't think you're crazy or disgusting we can easily have a nice conversation ya know?

For instance with one guy he would let his foot rest on mine, he stood REALLY close (like touching me) with plenty of open space, text me constantly, things like that ya know? I deem that as flirting so I would flirt back too. And everything would seem to be going just fine and then BAM! they stop talking to me. And I'm totally confused because they were talking and laughing with me one day and the next would look straight past me and only said hello and things like that if I spoke to them. : |

I just don't understand it. And it's not like I come on strong or anything I'm not clingy or overbearing I don't know what's going on. And I'll say this, most of the guys I dig are masculine (there aren't many at my school that aren't) so maybe I confuse them or something with my dashing good looks and charming personality. LOL. *sigh*

Not really, but seriously it's probably just that they're straight and get freaked out or something. Idk. What's your take on it?

2. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

Finding out their sexuality before you go beating yourself up would probably be a good idea. They may be straight and play-flirting because they think you're straight as well.

3. Silvermark

Never understood the whole "Play-flirting" thing that people did...

You're straight... Please, stick to flirting with the opposite sex and stop messing us around...

4. Taurusguy92

You have no idea how much I empathize with you. I've been told I'm clingy... as some people here might have noticed but the thing is I'm not really trying to flirt with any of them I just try talking to them. They say hi and talk to me and everything, then all of a sudden I try to say hi... and nothing. I've always wondered why that happened but it's nice to know I'm not alone

#4 Taurusguy92, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  5. Mind Freak

Lol. I don't understand it either! You're probably not even that clingy. So now, you're definitely not alone. : D

Although it does suck that this has to happen to us, and for me has to happen frequently. Lol.

6. Taurusguy92

You have no idea how frequently it happens to me