1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hollister interview halp D:

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beachboi92, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Beachboi92

i have a group interview tomorrow at Hollister and i REALLY REALLY need like any job i can get right now. Any people who can offer me tips for getting a job in this place, i did a little reading and even preped a Hollisterish outfit (hollister shirt, pants, and belt with long sleeve colored shirt and sandals)

I just really want the job so i was hoping for any tips i could get :x

2. I think you pretty much got the appearance thing down.

Hmmm...let's see...

Turn off your cell phone, first of all. Or better yet, just leave it in the car.

Be friendly and outgoing. Don't act all quiet and reserved like you don't know what you're doing there. Ask questions to show your interest, but not too many to where you seem picky. Sit properly; if you're in a swivel chair, don't twist and turn like you've got to go to the bathroom. Try to avoid saying "um" and "uh" every five seconds. Speak clearly. Always thank the person for their time and consideration.

Just remember: you're selling yourself. You're the shit. They're gonna want you and nobody else, so make them see how awesome you are.

Good luck!

(I just realized I'm telling you how to act during an interview when I've been out of work since August. :lol:slight_smile:

3. RaeofLite

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't spell help "halp"? I'm just messin with ya. Good luck, and just be confident and maybe show you know how to be friendly to people. :grin:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Group interviews are tough. You need to be able to assess what they are looking for, and then find a way to stand out from the other applicants in a positive way.

Being articulate, friendly, and outgoing are always a plus. Showing you're excited and motivated, by being very attentive and interested in every part of the interview helps. Don't dis any other applicants, but if you have a comment or thought to clarify or improve on what someone else has said, that can be helpful. They are generally looking for team players, people who are responsible, will listen, and will be good with customers, but who don't have *too* much ability to think for themselves.

Good luck!

6. Beachboi92

Also I have a resume but am i supposed to bring it to the group interview?

7. Shevanel

Hollister group interviews are weird, I heard about them as a few of my friends applied for jobs last year during college to the local Hollister. Good Luck, I know they're pretty dependent on looks there, but I'm pretty sure you've got that covered, Austin :slight_smile:

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did a group interview once (though not at Hollister). It was a pretty stressy situation, but they hired me afterwards, so I can't have done too bad on it :wink:

I think Chip already said the most important points: you want to answer to the questions, and chime in when you have something to say. They generally don't want know-it-alls who interrupt just for the sake of standing in the center of attention.

In any case, directly dissing a fellow applicant (no matter how much they might deserve it) looks really bad, and marks you as being not much of a team player, so try to avoid it.

There's no problem with phrasing your answers in ways that make you look good, but always be careful to never lie about anything. If they catch you at even a small lie, they're not even going to consider hiring you.

Bringing a resumé is never a bad idea. When I was applying for jobs, I always had a few of them neatly folded in an envelope on my person. You never know when it might come in handy.

Above all, staying calm and just being open and honest and interested are the best tips I can give. Even if those are hard to do all at once in a situation like an interview. But you can do it! :thumbsup:

9. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wanted to work there when Hollister was at it's prime. Somewhere around 2006 era here.

I think it's all about personality and the image.

10. RaeofLite

Yes, bring the resume to the interview as well as any references or reference letters you have to the interview.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let us know how it went?

12. Beachboi92

i think it went good was only me my friend who applied with me and one other girl (so much for a "group" xD ) but they said they would call by monday if they had a spot open. The girl that interviewed us acted like she couldn't wait to leave though : / she didn't introduce herself and when it was over she ran off and didn't even give us a chance to be like "nice to meet you"...... I mean if i get the job least i know im good looking enough to work at hollister xD if not i have some other places i applied to where my gparents know the owner :x

13. Beachboi92

I get to go pick up my schedule next week :grin: me and my friend both got offers so we have been joking about being part of the beautiful people non-stop since we got the offers haha

14. Jim1454

Congrats! That's great news!

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats. Did the other girl get it too?

16. Anton

Anton Guest

Mike Jefferies is the CEO and owner of Hollister (as well as abercrombie, Abercrombie and Fitch and the priror Rheul 925). The "Home Office" is located in New Albany, Ohio. Mike Jefferies I believe is like 63-64 and acts like he is 19 and a Frat Boy! Try to push the "surfer boy/abercrombie" lifestyle and you'll be fine! Be really easy going and cool and not uptight. BTW A&F is the shittiest company to work for! My sister worked for them and they were complete crap! She worked at the home office! They should not be in business for all of the horrible things they do to their employees and their customers!

Oh...and I just realized that your interview is over and scrolled up...I still think you could work at a place that doesn't use child labor and that has non-stuck up people working for them....(not saying this reflects you in anyway). My sister described working for that company kind of like a cult, like people actually get pulled in and believe they are elite and beautiful and that they belong to something real and big, when really it is only shitty ass clothes made from shit ass quality by children in Columbia!

17. olides84

Save the Children, Austin! :grin: Haha, congrats, and don't let the elite beautiful thing go to your head, at least not too much :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. :lol:

Awesome! Congrats dude!

19. iLambedil

iLambedil Guest

Congrats on getting the job man! I do second what Anton says! I've had friends who worked there and saw some pretty crazy and very very unethical (and illegal) shit!