1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i tell someone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by diegon3, Jan 8, 2010.

1. diegon3

I was wondering what are good methods to tell someone that you like them?

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Ask him has he got a bf?

O.k... maybe not

3. diegon3

that would be really awkward ... maybe i should elaborate we've become really good friends but i've had a crush on him since i first met him...

4. Stephen505

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you know if he's gay?

I see a lot of people just move very slowly (which I'd also do, tbh lol) and just start with like... after he does something "OMGZ so cute", but not so dramatic.. Then once it's like.. apparent that you've been complimenting him/calling him cute/etc, you can just be like "wow I really like you" without it being awkward and out of nowhere.

5. diegon3

Yep I knew since a good while ago and he told me and and a couple of other friends just recently

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you feel 'ready' to tell him that you like him, and it has gotten to a point where it consumes you, what you could do is at the next good opportunity let him know that you like him and ask him out for a coffee or dinner. The other thing you could do is ask him out. Being honest with someone about your feelings for him isn't easy but being honest with him is a good way to let him know that you do respect him as a person and his friendship as well.

That said, has he ever given you ever any indications that he might be interested in you?

7. diegon3

Well if I get to talk to him alone I do plan to tell him then and there. But I'm very pessimistic about my self that I try to forget all to times that might seem like that , to get me prepared in case i have to move on. The one time i remember was when us and two three other friends were going to the theater but they bailed he still wanted to go so only the two of us went, and in the end of the day he told me he did have a lot of fun... even if we really didn't talk on the bus ride back (because we couldn't think of anything to talk about).

8. Zume

Um..really? hehe..you are both gay..just ask him if he'd like to catch a bite to eat some time and start talking about who you both think is cute..etc ..bring it up then..if he rejects you, no harm done and you can continue to be friends and maybe get a good laugh out of it.. don't let it eat at you like this..best to get it done :icon_wink..i had the same issue with my friend and we've been friends for 5 years now and will be friends for many years to come (*hug*)

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as he knows you're gay, and you know he's gay, that's pretty much all the groundwork you need to lay. Now you just need to ask him out. You might invite him out, but make it fairly generic, and emphasize him. "I was thinking about going to see (movie/band) this weekend, and I think it'd really like seeing it/them with you."

Lex