1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting New People

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sammy, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Sammy

I have a friend that is really looking for some one special. Now please don't get me wrong I'm not one to promote just meeting people for dating or casual relations and what not, but I'm just curios as to how I can help her get more involved in the gay community and hopefully help her meet some new stable people with the same orientation. It might seem silly being in the Toronto area but I really want to shout out and maybe someone in the empty closets community can suggest something. I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

Sam

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Maybe try finding a LGBT group that you could join. Toronto has quite a few support and social LGBT groups and organizations. Maybe try doing a search online (using Toronto and LGBT) or maybe try using your more specific area and see what you can find.

Are you or your friend at school, university or college? Maybe check out as to whether the school, university or college has a LGBT club or a GSA. Even if your friend is not at one of the Toronto areas universities or colleges most of them have websites containing information of some of their social events, which are usually open to the larger community. That might something to check out.

It might take longer to find someone with whom it will click but it will be a safe way to meet new people and get more involved in the gay community.

Hope this helps a bit!