1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

okay, I like her, now what do I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Prccgeek, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Prccgeek

Okay, I'm going to sound really silly, but I just have had know dating experience before and am pretty nervous (I don't really know what I'm afraid of but I am)

So there is this girl. She is a lesbian and has been out for about a year now. (to pretty much everyone) I am now pretty much out to everyone too (it feels really good!!) I didn't feel attracted to her originally. I thought she was friendly, but I certainly didn't want to persue a relationship. But overtime, that has changed. I tried to tell myself that I just wanted a girlfriend, but not actually her, or that I just wanted to be close to her because I liked to be friends with another lesbian (there aren't many out in school, especially ones that I am friends with) BUT I am starting to believe that I really like her. she is on my mind all the time and I have the best time when I am around her. and I feel that I am much more physically attracted to her too.
    i'm am just so paraniod to do anything. I don't really get nervous around her. it is not like I start speaking jiberish, but I am scared to ask her out or make a move. I have a hard time telling if we are actually flirting sometime or if we are just two very friendly people. I wasn't trying to flirt with her orginally, but I think I sort of am. Just little things, opening the door for her, checking up on her when she got her wisdom teeth removed, giving her my extra cookie at subway. and she invites me to go places with her friends and wants to come in my car to get a ride instead of her friends' cars.

so should I ask her out? we are seniors so people always say to not start a relationship cuz we will have to leave soon enough, but IDK. If I ask her out, how should I do it? I know I'm a senior in hs, but I am just new to dating, especially a girl.

2. Complete Mess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It is honestly your decision if you ask her out. But if you like her and you think she likes you then I don't see a problem with it. Okay so you will graduated in a few months but who says you can't be together and take everyday as it comes and see how the relationship develops. As for the way to ask her out, that depends entirely on you. There are many ways to ask a person out and you just have to think of the best way to do it, If you do decide to. Good luck with your decision and I hope it all works out well for you. = ]

3. Prccgeek

yeah, i know there really aren't any answers, but thanks for responding. I just need to write it out. I'll figure it out. It is just I have never had a crush on a girl where she could potentially like me back in the same way. it is new and freaky but exciting and good

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh, I hear you on the freaky part. I always thought that it would be scary never to have someone else interested in me. But in the end, I act more freaked out if anyone does give me a second look :wink:

Well, you like her, and she seems to like you, so I think you have nothing to lose! And going on a date is not necessarily starting a relationship right away. You should just see it as two good friends, wanting to talk without all the distractions of having other friends around.

Maybe it's best to be utterly casual about it. Not really go "may I ask you out on a date?", but just "hey, how about we go out for dinner tomorrow", or "I'd really want to see that movie. Care to join me?" It makes your intentions clear without giving the vibe that this really is a date that could affect the future of the relationship.

Of course, even the casual way does demand some courage. You'll still have to go ahead and ask. But you can do it! Just plan it, and then go ahead without overanalysing every possible response she might give.

5. Possibly Maybe

I would say you have the hard part down: you at least know that there's a possibility she's interested!

I would agree with Filip. Spend some time with her, and go with the flow. Get to know her better, and that might clear out if you have a crush on her or if you should just be friends.

6. Prccgeek

thanks filip. you calmed me down a bit.
    I think I will ask her. I will keep all of you guys updated with what is going on. Hopefully it all works out.