1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going out by myself:b

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fabu2113, Jan 12, 2010.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

soooo uh, i have one best friend and thats about it.me best friend is a girl and she knows im gay but she/we dont talk about it bc she thinks its wrong.anyways i was thinking of going to a hot spot place were gay people hang around im going to research it.and well i would go with someone but that someone is the someone i havent met yet(yeah thats how bad it is im like a loner here).i was thinking of maybe striking a conversation with gay friend.go see where gay people hang here.well if i were too do that i was wondering if i could get advice on what to were to tell them that maybe i am gay(which iam).also how to flirt maybe:lol:frowning2:yeah dont know how)its going to be wierd.for me bc i never had a conversation with a gay guy.itll be strange talking about guys and stuff. i didnt grow up like that it was always well straight talk.any ways i dont want to bore you but any comments and advice is welcomed.(!):slight_smile:

2. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

well if you have a gay friend then ask him or her if you can join them the next time they go out to a gay niteclub. just say you wanna see what its like. if they never been to one then its gonna be even more fun that way when you do go. it really is fun. when you go just act casual and trust me you will get guys coming up to you. i always start off with standing by the bar and have a few drinks, have a look over the place then when you feel ready and its a decent song, drag your friend to the dancefloor. from there you usually find other people will wanna join in.

if you cant get a gay friend to go with, soeak to your best friend. say you would really like to go and see what its like and you would love to have her support. it was my best friend who is also female funnily enuff that got me to go to a gay nite club. im sure if she really is a friend she will put aside her bad feelings and go with you. theres no harm in asking. failing that why dont you ask around on here to see if anyone close by you to go with them. even if you maybe have to book a hotel room in another city to meet up. be careful if you do that tho!! good luck and enjoy:slight_smile:

3. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I go to gay places alone frequently. actually, most gay places i get to visit are more friendly than straight places. Everyone seems to appreciate why they are there, really, that is not so much for a pick up, but to be around other gays so none of us feel like total freaks, or something like that. Anyway, I don't have any one to go with me, either. but i steel my nerves and sep WAY outside my comfort zone. once inside, i brave up and strike up a convo with someone. I have best luck being totally candid and honest. "I don't know any one here. I'm matt, what's your name?" and so it goes. Good luck, and i know what its like to search for comraderie. we all need it.

4. Jim1454

If you have a gay friend - come out to them! That's your best bet. They might be cool with inviting you along the next time they go out somewhere.

Toronto has a pretty big gay community, so there is an organization called 'Out and Out' that organizes social events for the LGBT community. Perhaps there's something like that in your city. Otherwise, there might be support groups or a chapter of PFLAG that you could attend. Meet people there, and ask them where they go or where they hang out.

Good luck! It does sound like you're ready to get out and meet new people.