1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jonnie, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Jonnie

People always ask me- 'How are you gay if you've never had sex?'
    I don't really know what to say to that, like.. Yeahh.. I'm virgin, but sex isn't my main priority right now. To tell you the truth, I don't really want to have sex until I get older, but I feel like it's something that I have to do because it just seems like a big deal. I don't really know what the point of this was, but I would like it if you commented and told me what you thought about this.

2. musican

You don't say how old you are, but regardless of your age: don't let anyone tell you when to have sex. Wait until you're ready for it. Anyone who tries to convince you to have sex before you're good and ready is wrong.

Being gay isn't about the sex. I want to spend the rest of my life with one guy. I have amazing friends who are girls and I could see myself living with them and raising children together, but we'd only ever be friends. I love their personalities, but I'm not attracted to them in a sexual way. If people ask you that question, then ask them right back. You know you're gay because you find guys attractive. They find whichever gender they find attractive without having to sleep with them first. Why do people think it's any different for a gay individual?

3. Stephen505

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom asked me that a bunch of times... One "clever" response that won't really get you anywhere is "how do you know you're straight if you've never had gay sex?"

What I told my mom was basically: "I can try to imagine myself scuba diving, but I can't see myself enjoying it; I'd be terrified. If I go my whole life never facing that fear, I'd still live a very happy life. You don't have to try something to know whether you'd like it or not, sometimes."

Also, do not look for sex.. Don't even look for love. Just try to make close friends.. if one of them happens to be gay.. if you come to be very close to him.. you'll have a very nice first kiss then you can say you have a boyfriend and move slowly from there :slight_smile:. It's more fun that way anyways. Don't rush anything.