1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, that didn't end how I thought it would. (About that friend of mine...)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Jan 14, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

So as most of you know I have this friend, and this will be the final time I talk about her on here.

We've been friends for 10 years and with her I had to deal with a lot of bullshit. She had a rough childhood involving abuse and she was later adopted into a very loving home. I do not fault her for this. It wasn't her fault and it's really terrible that it happened to her, as she does have a good heart in spite of her many. many faults.

In high school she lied a lot. This is typical with 99% of the adolescent population, but she didn't lie about her homework or something, she would lie and say she was part of a gang, that she was raped, and so on. Big lies, and when she spoke about them it was obvious that she was lying.

As time went on she never improved. My family didn't like her, but they were very nice to her anyway, she'd cut herself and say an imaginary boyfriend did it, she'd force herself to listen to death metal just to fit in with certain types of friends...and she was so codependant it was almost painful. She couldn't walk from my home to hers on her own [a 10 minute walk at its longest] and she worried about me doing that same walk because i had my headphones on.

Things got worse and worse and it came to a point at the end of the year where I just couldn't take it anymore. I came forward and told her some of the things she was doing that was grating on my sanity, and she pretty much burst into tears and hung up on me.

From that point on she'd go out of her way to talk to me, and I'd cut conversations as short as possible, and never contacted her. Though Ive wanted to end this friendship for months, I couldnt never bring myself to do it. Apart from me being too soft to hurt her like that, I was worried that she'd do something stupid like hurt herself, because that is unfortunately that is the type of person she is.

So today I got an email from her, saying that we should end our friendship. Here is the email:

I think we should call it quits on our friendship.
    I don't think its very healthy for me, when I'm trying to get better and we don't really talk anymore.
    I honestly... am fed up with you're ways because you always make me out as the bad guy, If you were in a relationship and were with a guy for a while and you were engaged*, you'd understand why I'm having more troubles with this relationship. Anyways I wish you the best.

* = after not even a month of dating she got engaged to a man 10 years older than her, then broke it off another month later.

As well, i never "made her out to be the bad guy" i tried to brush off all her bs. I replied saying "Okay, have a nice life" because this was exactly what i wanted, out. I'm just shocked that she said goodbye before I gathered up the courage to do it.

....Yeah thats it. Sorry for it being so long, and if you read it all...here's an e-cookie! :slight_smile:

2. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I know how hard it can be I had to do that too but you never know like with me and my friend after a year or so things got better again and now we're good mates again.