1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its back

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gemerency, Jan 14, 2010.

1. gemerency

So its been about a week since i broke up with my long distance relationship. I thought i was faring really well with the pain. I had been distracted with midterms and there was even a day where my best freind came to school. and i was happy.

That is until i logged into facebook and saw His face with his status beside it. then the dam i was building broke and a flood of emotions was let loose. As i write this thread i find myself on the verge of tears at the cold and lonelyness of the world.:icon_sad:

I know, im being an emo douche... but this is the first time i actually broke up with someone, most the other times we just drifted away.....

so tell me, how long can this pain last?

2. RaeofLite

(*hug*)

It's ok.... You'll be ok. First, for the next three to five days, let yourself grieve the relationship. Listen to sad music, watch sappy movies, write angry or emotional letters or draw pictures/play instruments (whatever your thing is). It'll help get the emotions out.

Then after the 3-5 day period (You don't want to drag it on too long), stop. Start listening to happier music, start hanging out with your friends more. Do something you enjoy (hobbies??). Take time for yourself and realize what a great person you are because I'm sure you are. :grin: If you spend time with friends or doing hobbies you'll start to realize your self worth again and be social once more which is always a bonus.

Continue this till it slowly fades. It may take weeks, make take months... but you will heal. (*hugs*)

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it can take some time. Feel free to block him from facebook and myspace et al for the time being. You presumably need some more time to heal.

Lex

4. Daniel

I went through a long distance relationship too. Those breakups are a lot harder.

The easiest thing to do would be as Lex suggested. Feel free to block him on Facebook, myspace, etc.

And it's gonna hurt for a while. and as RaeofLite said you should let your emotions out. Bundling them up and keeping up a front isn't good.

If you need to just vent to someone feel free to send me a message.

5. gemerency

thank you all for your support