1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupidest Idea.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andytx1, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Andytx1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, this will sound so stupid but anyways a summary:

1) I can't find anyone I like in the place im living at
    2) I think people from asian countries are attractive but they can't speak english
    3) Most people on the net wants one night stand and I don't want that

Does anyone know a good place to find people of common interest in Australia? Thanks

I only like asian so yea ><

#1 Andytx1, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess this all depends.

How old are you?
    Have you done much dating or experimenting?

Lex

3. Jim1454

And why are you looking for someone in Australia when your profile says you're in Toronto?

4. iLambedil

iLambedil Guest

Find asian networking sites...

5. Andytx1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    17 and No

I'm temporality living in Australia

Like?

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, here's the main issue.

Having specific wants/likes/preferences for a one-night-stand is fine. You can specifically ask for a left-handed albino pipewelder who likes it loud (even if you might have quite a time finding one). You can meet up with them, decide if they pass muster, and then head for bed. And if it ends up being not all you hoped...well, you say "Thanks". And thus ends your relationship.

But you don't want a one-night-stand. (And at your age, that's probably the right move.) You want a boyfriend. Not somebody to ogle and help you get off, but somebody you can click with, become close to, and enter a relationship with. And I'm very much against putting physical limitations on potential boyfriends. It's much better to just meet guys, see who you click with, develop your friendships/relationships, and see what results. By saying "I only want Asians" (or tall guys, or muscular guys, or jocks, or anything else), you're cutting your potential pool way down unnecessarily.

I know. "I like Asians." But right now, your sex/romantic life is a hypothetical. You're probably not just picturing ANY Asian. You probably have a rather specific one in mind. I'm not sure what his attributes are exactly - he likes video games like you, or he's athletic, or he's got a great sense of humor. And there's nothing wrong with picturing a potential "ideal". But much of that ends up out the window when you enter the real world. And not because your ideal will be impossible to find (although that might be the case, too).

Take me. If you'd ask me what my ideal guy was back in...oh, 1992, I would've described a tall, slender, half-white-half-Japanese guy with a smooth face and long hair, who loved music as much as I did. And here I am now. Partnered. To a short, roundish, white guy with a balding head and a goatee, who really doesn't like music much. So what happened? Did I "settle"? No - I fell in love. Not with some ideal guy in my head, but with an absolute, honest-to-God, real human being. And interacting with these real human beings works on levels far more complex than "tall" and "short". Our chemistry is hard to define, but it's very tangible. People actually remark on it - that once they see us together, they have trouble picturing us apart. But I could've missed it all. Had I insisted on the half-Japanese guy in my head. If, when I first looked at my partner, thought "Not my type" and pushed him aside.

I'm not saying you shouldn't want an Asian (or any other type). It may be that you end up with an amazing Asian that melds with you perfectly. But I'd strongly suggest that you don't insist on one. Especially not at 17. You've been "sexually atuned" for only a few years, and it'll take time to really learn what works for you and what doesn't.

So keep your options open. Sure - if you happen to meet a gay Asian around your age, make your move. :slight_smile: But don't insist on it. Keep meeting people, keep getting to know them better. You never know what might suddenly spark your interest. :slight_smile:

Lex