1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big achievement

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dr Acula, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Dr Acula

As some may know, my self-esteem isn't great due to depression. However, I've been seeing a counsellor for a few weeks now and evidently its started to pay off. I went out last night with some gay mates to celebrate the start of the new term. Anyway, I was introduced to a friend of a friend who was not only gay, single and smoking hot, but perhaps one of the most amusing people to be around.

Long story short, we spent the evening pretty much inseparable in the club and ended up kissing, a lot. I'm posting this for a couple of reasons, the first is because it was an epic night, and going from just meeting to pulling would never have been something I did before. However, the important bit is what happens next. As you can guess, we didn't spend the night together, otherwise its unlikely I'd be posting this. No, as charged by his housemates I made sure he safely got into a taxi back home. He told me to text him today and we could try and see a movie or something - his college is 5 minutes down the road from the main uni building (he's nearly 19, I'm nearly 21).

I tried to keep my text light hearted, commenting on the fact that I feel surprisingly good this morning for the amount we had to drink and just asked what time he finished college most days. Is this reasonable or should I have been more forthright? The other thing is he may be slightly on the rebound as he split with his previous BF recently, hence why I don't really want to push to get into a heavy relationship, despite the fact it would be awesome.

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good to hear you had an awesome night! :thumbsup:

Well, it sounds perfectly allright to me! You just met him, so a light-hearted text seems like the perfect way to get a text converstation going, without either one of you feeling obliged to make commitments. There's plenty of opportunities to agree on when you want to go for a movie, or meet up again. Just see what he replies and go from there!

3. Dr Acula

Well - the texting went well. I think over the course of the day we managed something like 30 texts. I just can't get him out of my head though - I can't wait to see him again. :frowning2:

4. Connor22

ooh someones got a boyfriend (maybe) good for you mate, sounds like youre in luck!:wink:

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (!!)(!!)(!!)(!!)

happy dance for you

(!)(!)(!)(!)

6. Zume

Thats great! Good luck to ya :thumbsup:

7. Dr Acula

How do people deal with the longing though? Its about 10 days till I can possibly see him as he's busy early next week and I'm in France the Friday-Monday.

8. Dr Acula

Hmm, just been chatting to him on facebook - he's not over his ex yet :frowning2:.

9. Jim1454

Welcome to reality. Things don't always work out as you might hope. There are awesome highs (kissing and making out with a smoking hot guy) and lows (finding out that he's still not over his ex). But at least you're starting to exeprience those highs and lows. In my estimation, the highs outweigh the lows over time.

Congrats on working through your own stuff and getting out there!

10. Dr Acula

Well, apparently he is starting to get over his ex, so there is still a reasonable chance. I'll give it time at least, I'm in no rush.