1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Too Early To Want To Find a Guy? Need Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by perfectscorpio, Jan 19, 2010.

1. perfectscorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just came out to myself this Christmas weekend and truth be told, I'm growing more and more comfortable with my sexuality. It's little by little, but I'm progressing. The thing is is that lately I have been wishing and wanted to find a guy. Partly becuase I want to experience something with a guy, whether it's a simple attraction, relationship , or whatever.

The issue is that I'm barely out (only to like less than a dozen people, not including my parents). Also, I keep telling myself that I'm not ready to start playing the male dating game just yet. However, what I'm feeling is saying otherwise. Other than that, I accept the fact that I'm gay and I like that I'm gay (not at love yet, but getting there).

Should I really want to find a guy or should I just wait until I am mostly out.

ADVICE HERE PLEASE!!!

FYI! Coming out to my parents are so not an option. I don't plan to tell my parents until I'm out of college and I can stand on my own two feet. My parents are African, Ugandan to be exact. Enough said.

2. ThePug

I found my boyfriend when I said to myself that I wasn't going to look for a boyfriend until after college and I settled. I found him when I least expected to find someone.

Do you go to your school's GSA? If not, try there and see if you can become friends with someone.

I do not recommend a random hookup because it isn't worth it and you don't know how safe it is. Good luck.

3. Zach1992

I say go for it, but be careful!! If you come on to the wrong person it will spread like wild fire!

4. justinishere

Well it kind of depends how old you are. If you are old enough to go out and drive on your own then no problem! But if you have to have your parents drive you out to a date, might not be the easiest thing to do. Parents are smart and they know when you are trying to hide something from them

I would also say look to see if your school has a GSA. At my school we don't have one so I am working on creating on because there are always people out there with the same situation as you out there that need the support and love!

- Justin

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    there is nothing wrong with wanting a boyfriend, and experimenting is part of coming out, but don't think that getting a guy in your life is suddenly going ym make everything ok. that it will make that odd feeling go away. You do need time to adjust to this change in your life.

6. Jim1454

I can totally understand how you're feeling. Being able to accept that you're gay yourself lets a whole lot of 'pieces' fall into place inside, and suddenly lots of things make sense. At the same time you want to perhaps make up for lost time and get on with life. You've perhaps missed out on dating opportunities in high school because of your orientation - even if you didn't realize it at the time.

However - a warning. The emotions that are associated with that first real life crush are VERY powerful! That's why teenagers seem so crazy at times! But you expect that of younger people. For me - at 35 years of age - I was having those feelings for the first time, and it was really weird! So just be aware that the feelings might come on pretty strong - so be ready for them.

Otherwise, why not? As suggested, go to the next meeting of the LGBT group on you campus. Get to know other people who can relate to how you're feeling. Good luck!