1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should be done about this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pikachu1, Jan 19, 2010.

1. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am trying to join the Job Corps and one of the requirements was that I write a paper about myself letting them know about my life. They wanted to know what hardships I've had, anything unique about me, general stuff, etc. One thing I put down was that I was gay. I wrote somewhat about that because I felt it fit the "what has been a hard issue you've had to deal with" question and the "what are some details about who you are as a person" question. Today I met with an admissions person and they read it over. The thing is though that as soon as the person read it over he gave me a weird look and said unfortunately there wasn't enough time for them to go over any questions I may have had about some of the forms I was given to fill out. I said ok and waited outside because my friend was with me and went in after I did. After he came out I asked him if the guy went over the forms with him. He said yes and explained some of the things. I noticed though that I was missing some forms since a couple pages just said "having read the above, you agree..." but obviously I didn't have the page that belonged with them. I went back inside to see the guy but was told he was too busy so I would have to wait 2 weeks for him to be at that location again. What can I do about this? I'm missing some forms I need to fill out and don't even know if that guy will submit my application or not since he seemed "put off" by me.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go back in, find someone else to talk to, and explain the situation. Don't bother bringing up the circumstances unless they ask - just say "I didn't get this page and that page when I was here last".

Lex

3. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think they will have the pages I need since the forms are Job Corps stuff and only admissions people have that stuff. I guess that means I gotta wait 2 weeks. :frowning2: I would have to try next Tuesday anyway because right now my schedule is booked with babysitting my nieces.

4. shorty

Hmm, I think you might be banging your head against a wall if its the same guy thats going to come back in two weeks. From what you describe it sounds like either a) he is going to dick you around untill you give up because he's a homophobic asshole or b) he wants to go over this with his superiors. If its b then you might be ok, if its a the you might want to see if maybe you can go to another location.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

^ what shorty said. I think its B, honestly.