1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Day From Hell

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mmilam75, Jan 22, 2010.

1. mmilam75

So I told someone earlier I was going to take a few days away....I decided being alone with my thoughts probably isn't a good idea right now.

So, today I decided to surprise my boyfriend by bringing lunch to him at his apartment because he had texted me about being home sick while I was at work. The door was open and I walked in to find my boyfriend being...together....with his ex.

This is the day from hell. And all I can say at the moment is....life sucks and then you die.

Sorry for being a little melodramatic....I'm probably going to be in a bit of a mood for a couple of days, so please don't take anything I say the next few days too awfully seriously.

Thanks for listening....or not.....or just allowing me to vent

2. Étoile

(*hug*) You deserve better.

3. Shevanel

(*hug*) :frowning2: I'm sorry Marcus.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement 100302340126390x over.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Marcus, I am really sorry to hear that. (*hug*)

That was a really nice gesture of you though. Not a lot of people would do that.

Take a few days to vent or just to forget what happened. You deserve someone better. Someone who will remain loyal and not who will turn to his ex when the first opportunity comes.

5. Sylver

Awww..... (*hug*) (*hug*) Did that help a little?

I never know what to say in this situation. I can't imagine anything worse. I really can't. I don't ever want to know what that feelss like. So I can only imagine how much this hurts.

If it helps to talk, I'm a good listener. Don't be afraid to share your feelings and let it all out. If you're angry, or hurt, or sad, that's OK. I sure as hell know I'd be.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Better than what I'd do. I'd probably have gone back there wielding katanas.....but I'm sorry you had to deal with that Marcus. It's totally true what everyone else is saying though, you don't deserve him. He's a f**king idiot to do what he did.

7. Sicsemper79

Marcus, I feel horrible about that. If I could give you a hug I would. Feel free to talk to me any time.

8. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awful. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but atleast you caught him red handed instead of having to speculate about it... And now you know. I hope you feel better, that guy wasnt worth it, clearly he had a great boyfriend.

9. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    :icon_sad: (*hug*) (&&&) :icon_wink

10. EM68

Like I told you before I'm sorry that this happened to you. This guy is a told a-hole and you deserve better...a lot better. You will find someone. I know I found a few frogs before finding my prince. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

11. mmilam75

You guys are incredible (&&&)

Seriously, thank you all so much. I woke up this morning and just got back from the shooting range....ah, the ammunition that was fired this morning :grin:

It's still painful, but being able to vent last night was so unbelievably good....it made a horrible situation a little bit more manageable and I just wanted to say thanks :slight_smile:

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem. What did you think we were going to be mean? We're good people here and know the best thing you need is COMFORT!

[​IMG]

And just one for the hehe factor too:

[​IMG]

13. mmilam75

:lol: No.....but I still wasn't quite in a right frame of mind last night.

And nice picture choice :kiss:

14. RaeofLite

Sorry to hear that Marcus. :frowning2: But as said previously, you deserve better. Sorry it had to happen to you though. *sigh* (*hug*) You'll meet a guy, hit it off and he'll be awesome. I've been told you have to kiss a lot of frogs to kiss your prince...

and yet I'm gay so for me that'd be [princess]. But prince for you. :slight_smile:

15. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww Marcus, that's really horrible! Being in a mood is totally understandable after a discovery like this.

In a way it is probably for the best that you discovered it now, before you got more and more invested. Even if that is probably little comfort now.

If you feel like venting more, then we're always here! (*hug*)

16. mmilam75

Hey Gang:

I just wanted to say thanks again for your help this weekend. Daniel and I met for coffee this morning before work, and we are officially over.

*sigh*

Ah, well – better now than when we moved to Massachussetts to get married :wink:

17. Zume

Sorry to hear that :icon_sad: but expected given what happened..atleast now you will find someone who is right for you :lol:

18. mmilam75

Thanks. After talking to some friends I have grown to trust implicitly (both on EC and offline), I realized that even if we got back together, I would always be suspicious of anything he was doing when I wasn’t around. That level of distrust and suspicion would not be good for him or for me…and you can’t build a relationship with that level of distrust between you either.

We also agreed not to speak for a little while, so we can both detox from one another. Like you said, not surprising, but a better end than I could have hoped for, I guess.

19. EM68

Oh Marcus. Sorry to hear that.(*hug*)(*hug*) I think that you are making a good choice. Daniel violated your trust very early in your relationship. It would be hard to develop a healthy relationship with any trust issues.

20. Sicsemper79

Marcus,

I am sorry to hear that things didn't work out. You are smart not to try to grasp a hold of something that was bound to become more and more toxic as time went by. Once you lose trust in someone, it is very difficult to regain it. With such a blatant betrayal, I can't imagine a scenario in which you could completely trust him again.

On to the next one bro! There are lots of good ones out there.