1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate him. But he makes me happy :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zeus, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Zeus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So there's this guy in my class that I never had a class with until now (I'm a HS senior) and he sits next to me in one of our classes (I have English and Gym with him.) We didn't really talk until he started randomly asking me for pen / paper until well yeah later on we started talking and saying hi to each other. I guess it start in early December. I do like him, and I think he's really nice unlike his friends who are total jerks. I also had a feeling he's not straight and that he might like me 'cause he's very touchy feely in gym and he did say "I wanna stand next to __(my name)___ 'cause he likes me :wink: " then looking at me with a smile (i'm out to everyone so i didn't think a straight person would do that). So I thought, hey, I should get him a christmas present! I bought him a shirt and pairs of socks from a known brand so it was kinda pricey, but then I thought it would be kinda weird for me to give him something like that since we just started talking. But I really wanted to give him something, so I decided I'd just give him something "funny". I looked for the shirt and the socks online and instead of giving him the actual stuff, I printed out pictures of the shirt and the socks and put them in a box and wrapped it. My plan was to give him it, make him think that's all I'm giving him, and surprise him by making the gift "come to life" by giving him the actual stuff. Christmas came and I gave it to him. He opened it in front of me and laughed, and said the gift box looked really nice so he'll keep it. But that same day after school I found the box in the garbage can. So i was like you know what, screw him I'm giving the shirt and the socks to someone else, and so I did.
    I really was just fine until he said (to someone, in front of me) that I gave him the worst gift in the world and it was a piece of crap. He also started acting somewhat like a jerk. So I was like okay there's no way in the world this guy likes me so fuck it and also I realized he's not any different from his friends and that his true colors have come out, and that I made the right decision by not giving him the actual gift. So I kinda stopped talking to him and eventually we went back to being strangers. For a month and a half we only said a word or two to each other.
    Today, after English I didn't feel like going to my locker just yet so I went to my friend's locker instead and his locker happens to be on that side of the hallway as well so he was there. I just pretended not to notice him and talked to my friend.
    And when I glanced at him real quick, I saw the "gift" I gave him (the picture of the shirt and the socks) posted on his locker door (on the inside). After hearing him say that it was the worst gift he's ever gotten I wasn't expecting him to actually keep it and even put it up. I just wanted to give him a big hug.

(sorrryyy if this made no sense, i just had to let it out!)

but i still kinda hate him!
    but <3.

2. paint

This same thing happened to me, Zeus! I worked on a remodeling crew for Wal-Mart. There was a guy there named Jack. :icon_bigg He was a jerk, oh god I just wanted to just punch him. I mean... ARGGH!!!

But then....all the other guys weren't the nicest bunch either, they were very macho and a little bigoted. But Jack just snapped and criticized me all the time, ( I even have a scar on my right arm now because I got so pissed at his claiming that i was lazy that I started grabbing a whole bunch of product to move and scraped my arm:dry:slight_smile:

Then he would compliment me, encourage me, stand up for me. Laugh with me.

He knows he criticizes a lot...it's like he's just being brutally honest and quick to say his opinions. It was very confusing, I don't know many people quite like that. :/

But it sounds like your guy might have gave you the cold shoulder because of habits that he picked up from/ or shared with his jerk friends.

3. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhhh maybe he's not gay... or maybe he's just not really into you, or maybe you came on WAYYY too strong. To even give someone a gift when you've just started talking to them is too much. You shouldnt have given him anything... If you want to get the guy in highschool, then you gotta act like you dont care about him. Like you're nice and all, but you're not really that interested. It drives guys crazy to not get attention. Plus closeted high school boys wouldnt say things like "I want to stand next to him because he likes me." They try to avoid talking about anything gay all together usually. A lot of gay guys go through a sort of homophobic phase. SO chances are this guy doesnt really like you and is just using you for a good laugh with his friends...

Also, buying clothes for anyone is sortof a big gift and it says a lot... I'd lay off buying anyone clothes until you know them really really well and can pick out something they like, i'm guessing if you just started talking to this boy that you have no idea what he likes.

4. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    Why don't you give him the shirt and socks now? And explain to him that rumors hurt your feelings and changed what you thought of him. But now things are different.
    Also, I don't think it's a good idea to joke with people I don't know relatively well, unless I can clarify (say jk, or do something nice in return) the jokes. Making jokes about yourself is fine. But when making jokes about others between whom and you there are little understanding, incidents can be costly. For example, both your opinions of him and his of you have changed in, more or less, unfavorable ways.
    And I think you are a little hasty, in general. Saying a jokey comment about you doesn't necessarily mean he is gay.
    Also, you can't assume that he is a, completely, in this insinuation, nice or bad guy. It is pragmatic that in life, one may be nice to some but unkind to others. Your objective should be to get him to like you. Exquisite and subtle flirting. Hide whatever between you from publicity to make him feel protected.
    But also be unrelenting and firm in your purpose. Don't confuse him. At one point, you will have to "guide" him, tell him what you want, and what you can give. Take care of his sensitive concerns, troubles. If one of them is being with you as a couple, then it's time to back down.
    :slight_smile: