1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Soon?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andromeda, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's the perfect time to come out, in the first week of February. Everything is balance and going fine in the household. So I want to come out around January 30 to February 6th.

But I just don't want to do it now, since I'm lazy and don't want to deal with emotions and tensions of it. The only reason why I want to do it now is so I can life my life a bit freer

And I kind of accepted I am gay.

But what kind of bothered me to do it is that I am practically a good person, and I am not doing what I want with my life which is kind of pathetic. Kind of tired of putting up a show.

I don't want her to be emotional, and I know for sure I won't be. I think I am just going to say it like an everyday fact, and then expect her to ask a bunch of questions. Maybe she might get sad too? Dunno. She's pretty negative about it, but I could care less about what she thinks of it now. It's stupid.

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Judging by some of your recent posts. I'd say you should wait and think about it a bit more...

3. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well it has to happen soon, since I am going to go to gay clubs in March. And I don't want her to be surprise that I am going to gay clubs and acting slutty in there and becoming a gogo dancer and all.

Plus I am gay, not bisexual. I am 100% sure of that.

And I want to give her a month to realize i haven't change much either. Since if I push the date into March then I might cause her to accept too many things too quickly.

4. Johnnieguy

I am guessing by "her" you mean your mom? I say go for it, you will never be able to live with yourself if you don't.

5. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're 100 percent sure then go for it... but I'm not sure that planning to act slutty is a good idea, let alone having your mother KNOW you're acting slutty... how old are you anyways?

6. RaeofLite

You cannot 'force' someone to accept your sexuality by a certain deadline. I learned that myself... :confused: I thought my mom would be ok with it by the next month when my (then at the time) girlfriend wanted to come visit... Haha, no.. didn't work like that. :dry: But I guess it took me a while to come ot terms with it so it'll take her some time too. It's about 8/9 months now since I've come out to my parents and she's starting to finally ask me if I'm seeing any ladies, rather than make snide remarks and what not.

So don't think you can force her. But tell her you have support websites/brochures or PFLAG info (and of course have it on hand when you come out to her) incase she takes it badly.

I wish you luck.

7. i need help

well...
    good luck, i hope "she" takes it well and everything works out for you...