1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out by accident on facebook? most likely.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zzzero, Jan 22, 2010.

1. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I posted this article on my facebook because I thought it was ridiculous.

http://www.progressivepuppy.com/the...ms-to-have-stopped-being-gay---instantly.html

And I said:

I'm sorry but I just dont think any straight guy would say "I emerged with a dashing new haircut and a desire to procreate."
    Nor would they break out into song when they saw a fatherly man. Nor would they... notice the handsome father with his child...
    There are so many ways this guy is fooling himself it hurts.

My roommate just posted a status "RoomMate <3's [name]"
    I'm not home right now so i'm taking this as me solidifying him thinking i'm gay.
    SO maybe this should go in the coming out section?

2. Mind Freak

Okk... so I only read a little of the article because it was too... outlandish i guess to take seriously. What I'm getting is the pilot dude "decided" not to be gay to have children... ummm... ok. Whatever. If he wanted to have a kid couldn't he find a surrogate mother or something? Lol. Idk how that stuff works exactly but w/e! Back to you. : )

When he said "RoomMate <3's [name]" was he saying he loves you? I'm kind of confused. But I don't think you really outted yourself unless your friends are incredibly analytical and were already trying to figure you out. *shrugs*

It would make me suspect but I wouldn't automatically say "yup he's a gay." ya know?

If it goes well with your roommate I say maybe you should consider continuting to come out to more people maybe. At least if he's supportive you know you've got someone close by who has your back. : )

But I wouldn't sweat this too much. You could easily brush it off.

3. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he doesnt LOVE me. Only as friends because we're roommates and he's very straight. There have been a lot of things that most likely lead him and my other roommates to believe that i am gay, and this particular post would have kindof confirmed it. We havent talked about it since I got back, but from now on i'm just gonna act like they know... I'm not really sweating it at all, i'm actually enjoying it! I'm not counting them as people i'm out to yet though... because i may be all wrong. but whatever, i'm happy lol.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you! :slight_smile:

If you act as if they already know, it might actually be a lot easier when you do come out to them or if they approach you about it.

5. wizdrorcal

I think thats a great standpoint to act as if they know. Thats one of my biggest responses if anyone asks....I didn't feel there was a need to state it....I figured you knew. Just don't make it a big deal. I don't necessarily believe that facebook post made you "out" though.

6. Holmes

Yeah, I'd agree that there's nothing in that post per se that would mean you're out, I can think of a clearly straight friend of mine who posted something about something on the X-Factor, one of the contestants said he liked one of the girls on it, and my friend commented "I'm sure he does".

But on Facebook, Time had a piece on coming out on Facebook last year: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1901909,00.html

7. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah i mean i'm not claiming that post alone made me "out" and im really not taking it that way because i havent actually said it to them, but it's fairly obvious and that post was one of many that can lead people to think i'm gay. and my roommates live with me... they know i dont talk about girls and I'v never done anything with a girl. And one time I got offered to have a 3 some with a lesbian and a bi girl and turned it down, which was a pretty HUGE deal in their eyes lol... i thought it was kinda gross... i dont want one woman, let alone TWO!