1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting really tired ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Dare2bProud

of being ignored by people. I'm tired of it. Maybe one of these days I'll find someone who puts me first instead of last. Maybe one of these days I'll find people who are crazy to be around and want to be around me. Instead of just liking me when I'm around and forgetting about me when I'm not. It also be nice to run into gay guys who don't mind having other male friends in their life without worrying about not trusting themselves or having their boyfriends not trust them when they have other males in their lives. Its annoying and I'm sick to death of it.

2. RaeofLite

You have to love and respect yourself first. Then you have to find people who do the same for themself and their friends. Positive + Positive = positive. Negative + Negative (at least in people, not mathematical terms...) = Negative.

Try to meet guys in different places or meet different "types" of guys you've been meeting. Generally people seem to date one 'type' of person for a while. ie: dating skaters or jocks all the time. You could be surprised but it might change some things.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You work in theater, right?

Just checking. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel. My friends from home are the same way where they forget about me if i'm not forcing myself into their lives. But when I went to school and started being myself, the new friends I made loved me for who I am. I dont have to censor myself around them. So maybe all it takes is being 100% yourself around people, and hopefully they'll respect that. Though I must say it, Confidence is key. People want to be around other people who are confident in themselves.

5. Dare2bProud

What does theatre have to do with it?

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I've told you this joke before.

How many theater people does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    Twenty. One to screw it in, and nineteen to whisper to each other "I could do that SO much better."

I've worked in the outer periphery of theaters a couple times, and as such, I've come into contact with a fair amount of theater people. And theater tends to attract a certain type of person. These people tend to be rather self-centered and egocentric (thus the joke). Thus it doesn't surprise me that you're finding yourself around a lot of people who don't seem interested in keeping touch once you leave their physical presence. Sadly, there seems to be a lot of people like that in theater.

Lex

7. Zumbro

I'm an engineer, so this is bothering me, but I just wanted to say Negative + Negative does equal negative in mathematical terms. :grin: Negative x Negative = Postive for math :kiss:
    I do agree with the statement though.

Anyways, you can't expect them to always ask you to join them. If you never invite them over, why should they invite you over? It's a two-way street, so be sure you're giving as much as you expect back.

If you are trying though, and they aren't responding, maybe it's time to try some new people.