1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like such a jerk....am I overreacting?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Jan 24, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

So this girl just added me on facebook. Let us call her J.

She sent a message with it saying:hey remember me? We went to Elelmentary school together! She had also added my friend, lets call her K, and K was all heyyy yeah I remember you!

Me? Nothing. I looked through my Elementary school class photos and found her but still nothing rings a bell v_v I feel so bad.

Now my problem is: Should I go ahead and be like: >.> yeeeah I totally remember you...

OR be honest and be like: >.> I have no idea who you are...

And yes, I do realise i'm overreacting juuust a teensy bit.

2. crazydude

I say just be honest with her and tell her its not ringing a bell, maybe she can tell you something else that will help you remember.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. I'd be honest and say "I'm sorry, but I honestly don't remember you." As said above she might be able to tell you something that will ring a bell. If you weren't really friends or anything but just classmates in elementary school it's natural you wouldn't remember her...

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would be nice about it.... you dont have to be like, i have no clue who you are, werido. but be like, To be honest you dont really ring any bells, maybe you could jog my memory?

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As it was said above, just be nice about it. Let her know that you don't remember her. Ask her from where does she remember you. You could ask her if you had a class together or if you met somewhere else? Maybe in the schoolyard?

No reason to feel like a jerk. I had it happen to me too. I couldn't remember someone who added me. Sometimes we just forget, especially with people who we have hardly talked to.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you can't remember everyone, don't beat yourself up over it.

7. pteen

You should just be honest because when there comes a time where theres something ur suposed to remember and you cant remember then where would you be...Exactly no where.xD

8. x2x2x2x2y2

Yeah i agree with everyone else. Tell her the truth.

9. Eleanor Rigby

No reason to feel like a jerk, it happens to everyone. A few months ago the shop assistant in a clothes shop came to see me with a large smile saying "Hi Cécile ! You remember me ?"
    Her face vaguely rang a bell, but I wasn't able to recall her name, or where and when we met. So I said something like "We were in elementary school together right ?", wrong, it was middle school, during 2 years. And I couldn't remember her name either.
    I looked like a perfect idiot during 5 min, blamed my bad memory, and left the shop wishing her a good day.

10. i need help

i think that if you remembered every kid that you went to elementary school with you would have more problems than you do now...just be like, hey whats up how have things been going for you, oh yeah i dont remember you at all, did we play kickball together...
    :slight_smile: