1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why are friends so confusing sometimes???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alex19, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Alex19

so, i havnt been on in a while so this is like my return from a non-posting hiatis lol anyways ill cut to the chase...

my friend who i believed to be 'straight' recently put his interested in on facebook to both men and women. well, i was pretty excited because i think hes kinda cute. not that i can see myself dating him or anything, but still i was excited. but talking it over with other friends, we came to the conclusion that this could b a joke. he is kind of a jokester when it comes to things like this. but he still hasnt changed it and its been about a week now.

i always knew he liked women- that was a fact, i could tell. but at the same time i couldnt help but think that mayb he wouldnt mind men either. like at least just for sex.. graphic i know lol but it was a suspicion that i had that he liked both. then he put that info up and now i have no idea what to think. i think the biggest thing is that id like to have another friend (male) thats interested in men as well- even if he still likes and prefers women. i know other gay guys but i cant see myself being close friends with them because were so different. with him, i can. i dont want anything out of it like a relationship or a friend with benefits kinda thing (even though i wouldnt mind the latter) but i dont want to confront him on it cause i dont wanna look stupid and send him the wrong impression that i like/want him or anything. i wish he was and that hed talk to me about it but i know its not gonna happen.

what are your views on this? i need some opinions desperately... thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. Mind Freak

I would be like. "Dude I think someone hacked your facebook."

He'd say "What are you talking about?" or something like that.

and I would say "Well it says that you play for both teams now! I know I'm awesome but I didn't think I could bring you to the dark side." *insert laughter*

And he'd either tell you that he was just joking or it's the real deal. : )

Hope I helped! You have one thing going for you. He already knows you're gay and he's still cool with you. Good luck! ^-^

3. Alex19

thats actually pretty good. if were alone and i get up the nerve ill say that

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    MF's idea seems to be a good one. Just send him a (private) message on facebook - "Nice to see you're part of the dark side now...or did someone hack your account and change it to 'interested in men and women'?"

Lex

5. Markio

I had a friend whose facebook said men and women, but I think that can sometimes mean that they are simply friends with men and women alike, and not romantically interested. Plus he later changed it to just women, and I was sad.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would just say, "Hey! Now we can check out guys together!" Then you can offer to be his wingman when you guys go to a gay 18+ club. :slight_smile: (They still have those in NY, right? I mean they should in NYC at least.)

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think mindfreak's idea is absolutely brilliant, though Joey's is equally nonthreatening... one way or another, i think it's worth investigating a little bit :slight_smile:

8. Alex19

he said i looked good today when we were at school. wtfffffff why r friends so confusing?! lol

9. RaeofLite

Well did you ask him about his status using the advice given on this thread?

10. Jim1454

Friends aren't confusing...

Speculating about what they really mean instead of asking them directly is confusing.

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, seems like you need to ask him and find out one way or the other.

12. RaeofLite

I agree. communication, Communication, COMMUNICATION. :grin: :thumbsup:

13. Alex19

i want to but its not that easy! hes not really the kind to just dish the information... plus i barely see him except when were at school... man i tell ya, im waiting for the right moment to arise cause just bringing it up out of nowhere would b too suspicous