1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

too much to take

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rygirl, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Rygirl

I think I want to move away from home. After yet another round of pointless bitching and arguing from my mother I feel like I can't live with her any more. Since every argument leaves me feeling like I'm not worthy of the ground I stand on I can't be around her any more. I don't know what options that leaves me with, since I'm 18 I know that I'm legally allowed to rent my own place, that also means that I need to find a job to pay for my place. And I don't even know where that leaves my exams, I need to find the time to study as well.
    Does anyone (expecially people in the IK) know what I could do to get by without my parents?

2. Jim1454

I bet it would require less effort to figure out how to get by WITH your parents.

Keep the discussions grounded and real. Talk about one thing at a time. Set some ground rules. Ask to get some counselling - family counselling. All good ways to ensure you improve your relationship with your mom. Running away doesn't change the fact that she's your mom...

3. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

there has been many times when i just wanted to up sticks and move out. unfortunatly for me the place i live in is currently way too expensive to live myself. i have high standards of where i wanna live and stuff so im really picky. i am considering sharing with someone. maybe thats something you should consider too.

you might want to try see if you and your mum can set differences aside. maybe a way to get past everything is to not spend so much time around your parents too. get a job , maybe part time just now. that will at least get you cash to get started. especially if ur still in education. you might actually get lucky and meet someone who is wanting to look for a flatmate too. jappens alot at my workplace where people are looking to share with someone.

4. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and go with the scenario of you leaving.

Before considering leaving your place of imprisonment, I recommend doing a few things first. One of which is making sure that you have another roof over your head before you leave. Second, make sure that the bills and essentials like food, water, and a bed can be provided if you leave. But I wouldn't ever leave without those few basic things otherwise it'll prove disastrous and dangerous.

You'll have to move out eventually, so if it helps, you can look at it that way. If you don't want a relationship with your mother you don't have to have one. I myself grew up with very rocky relationships, before understanding my sexuality, with my familiar peers (including parents) so I know how it feels.

My best advice is to just prepare yourself and never give up. Prove to them that you're not a nobody, a loser, or a disappointment. Make them proud of you. Make them realize your worth and the folly of their way.