1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How How and How??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jogilvie1103, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Jogilvie1103

Heya all ...

My name is Jack ... I'm 15 years old. I'm currently in year 11, and am coming to the end of compulsory education ... and after having come out to my close friends and my mother ... I feel ready to let the whole world know - but I have a little feeling inside thats telling me not too because it may stress me out during exams. I want to be able to walk into school and everyone accepts me for who I am ... not who they think I might be!? Anyway ... I have some idea's but I am not sure whats the best way ...

Idea 1: I write it in my Year book statement ... and then when year books come out at the end of year 11 ... everyone will see it??

Idea 2: I wait until all my exams are over, and let everyone know then Via Facebook?!

Idea 3: I just be myself (however hard it is) - tell the rest of the family in the summer holidays and if people at school ask ... then tell the truth?!

Idea 4: Talk the principle (Who is a lesbian) and get her on-board, have an assembly done on why we shouldn't discriminate and then announce that I am gay?

Soo many ways, So many uncertainties .... Hummmmm?!?!? - what you guys think and/or how did you let everyone know at High School?

Enjoy the rest of your day, love Jack xx
    :kiss: (*hug*) :smilewave

2. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's time for exams, I'd recommend waiting until after. You're probably stressed already from preparing and the monumental importance of getting a good grade. It's probably better to do so after you've come out--to lessen the stresses and distractions.

I recommend switching your orientation on all your social sites only and only if you're ready to accept the outcome (Good/Bad) and move on regardless. Your ideas are great, just beware of the consequences and potential for harm--ok?

You can do it.
    Be safe!
    (*hug*)

3. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well First of all. Please dont set your posts in pink comic sans, i might ahve to shoot myself.
    But as for your coming out, Doing it in a yearbook is a bad idea. Most people look back on their yearbooks and think "God why did I write that?" I know I do. And plus then people will have that forever, and you dont want to force that on them.

I think you're thinking a little too big here... This isnt some amazing event that makes you more important than anyone else. So a whole school assembly where you announce that you're gay might be a little too much. As much as you want to tell everyone at once, some people need to handle the news differently, and would rather not be told that way.

Personally I think you should just be yourself and if people ask you if you're gay, dont lie to them. Your not a freakshow, so dont make it look like you are.
    The best way to do it is to be yourself, you do not need to personally tell people if you dont know them very well or anything. Tell your friends it's fine if other people know and tell your mom she can tell whoever she wants now. Word will travel really fast, you wont have to do any work really except for admit it when people ask you, because they probably WILL ask you.

4. Jogilvie1103

Thanks 4 ur advice 'The Paradigm' ... I thought about switching the orientation/like on my social sites. Thanks again x

5. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, by personally involving everyone in your school with your sexuality you're setting yourself up for some hurt... If there are other closeted gay guys or homophobes, which there probably are, they'll be mean to you about it at first... especially if you make it a social event instead of a fact of who you are. Highschool kids suck, and they want to impress eachother as much as possible, and that means hating people who are different. If you just make it a matter of fact, you have a much higher chance of avoiding this situation.

6. Jogilvie1103

Thanks Taylor 4 ur advice - lol. i like the pink com sans =)

7. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're very welcome. You're more than welcome to come talk to me on my wall if you want. Always here, always. (*hug*)

8. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Comic Sans is probably the worst typeface ever.... and setting any typeface in hot pink unless you're making some super trendy design with Helvetica... I mean I have seen it done well... but never on forums.
    As a designer, I BEG YOU lol. Avatar's orange papyrus was bad enough as it was.

9. Jim1454

I agree! I thought that was an odd choice for subtitles...

I'd suggest either options 2 or 3. Don't make a big deal, and don't let it distract you from exams. You'll still be gay after exams are done - you can tell people then.

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if the exams are stressing you out anyhow then maybe it would be best to wait until after. As for how to come out, well that is a very personal thing. I would say do withever you are most comfortable with.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While number 4 would be interesting not the best. Number 1 and 2 are just ones where you're kind of going to be waiting for people to notice. While number 3 allows you to be yourself and honest. I'd go with Idea 3

12. Jogilvie1103

Guys ... Thanks soo much for support