1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DarkShadow, Aug 23, 2007.

1. DarkShadow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suffer from depression... Mainly because jerks that live around my area, i just can't blank them out and moving isnt an option, it's really getting me down and my Course i'm taking will be affected.

Has any1 got any sujestions on what i can really do?

2. Emile

Emile Guest

Hum.... I don't think it will help you, but try to ignore the jerks you're talking about. And just live your life, you don't need them in your life anyway.

3. tayana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there anyone you could talk to? A counselor or someone like that? That might help with the depression some.

Unfortunately, the only thing I can suggest about the jerks is to either ignore them or learn to be comfortable enough with yourself that their comments can't hurt.

4. SpikySpice

Well, thsi happen to me as well, those jerks making my life a living hell sometimes

I used to cry alot, but now I odnt have no more tears

You have to try to live with it, try to get used to it over time, find some adults to talk about your problem, like they said above

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I went to an interesting class on bullying last week. I'm not sure if these people are bullying you or not, you didn't really say. The thing I learned is that sometimes people's posture and mannerisms are magnets for bullying. If this is what is happening, I would suggest you hold your head high, back straight, and don't let them intimidate you. As you are near these people, think about all the wonderful qualities that you possess! Fill your mind with those thoughts and blank out anything that they might be saying to you.

If it continues, I'd talk to a counselor or a trusted teacher about it. Nobody should be afraid to be at school. You have the right to learn the same as those creeps that are making your life hell.

6. Moth

Try to foster confidence in yourself. Learn to appreciate yourself. YOU are the one who defines your own worth, not anyone else - especially not jerks who try to make your life hell. What they say doesn't matter. It's what you believe that matters.

I would suggest talking to somebody... a friend, family member, counsellor... anybody. Sometimes simply having an outlet to vent can help immensely. Also, when you feel depressed, see if you can find something that makes you happy or something you can involve yourself in mentally so that you're not thinking about being depressed... puzzles and brain games may help, or maybe working out. If you have any creative outlet you enjoy, such as drawing, writing, playing an instrument, tinkering with machines, cooking, pick that up when you feel depressed. If you don't have a creative outlet, try doing something else... maybe play a video game, rent a new movie, or watch a favorite movie... read a new book or a favorite book. If you have any pets, spend time with them. However you do it, involve yourself in something besides being depressed. If you feel you have too much time on your hands to dwell on your depression, find something to fill that time up with... regular outings with friends, volunteer work, a job...

Most of all, if your depression gets out of hand and you feel suicidal or self-destructive, please seek help. Please do not put it off or let it go. You didn't mention being suicidal or self-destructive, so you may not be, I don't know, but I know these things can start small and escalate, so if it ever does, please please please, remember my urgings to get help. Suicide is NOT the answer and hurting yourself is NOT worth it.

That's all the advice I can give you without knowing more about your situation and your though process and tendancies while depressed. If you don't have any friends or family you feel comfortable talking to and don't feel comfortable going to a counsellor, feel free to talk to me any time. I've dealt with depression my whole life, so I know what it's like. I may not know exactly how you feel, as you're the only one who can, but I do know what it's like to deal with depression. So if you need somebody to talk to, don't hesitate to talk to me.

7. Jim1454

You've taken a great first step by brining it up here. I would also suggest seeking the help of a counsellor of some kind, or reaching out to someone on a kids help phone kind of thing.

Know that you're not alone, and that the situation that you're in now is not the situation you'll be in forever.

Depression was described at me as anger directed inward at ourselves. So you might want to reflect on what it is about yourself that is bothering you. Its been mentioned above that self confidence would help, and thinking positive. I agree. But its easier said than done by yourself - so seeking some help is probably your best bet.

Good luck, and know that we're all here pulling for you!

8. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Ermm.. beat da crap out of em?? hehe only jkin i dunoo da only thing u can do is ignore them or mayb hang in a group??

9. SpikySpice

lol, Eth, that's genius JK

Well, yeah but he's some how right, when hanging out with a group, you get the protections from your groupies, and they cna help you fight back the depression, not fighting physically but you know, they can make your spirit light up and can help you feel better

10. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Hmm, this is a hard one since there isn't much to do. Personally, I'd avoid them if possible. Or try to not let it get to you. I'd probably look at there MANY imperfections and make fun of them back (probably a bad way) or if you are bigger than them... hehe... But I don't like to get hurt so I wouldn't fight anyone. You could tell them to shutup or :***:astonished:ff, which probably wouldn't work.

Since there isn't much I can think of which you could do, I'd just TRY to ignore them, which is hard, or avoid them.

btw, I am depressed too cause I am always alone and lonely

11. Vampyrecat

Hey mate.
    Look, I know you're going through a really rough patch at the moment. Believe me, I know exactly what it's like. I had depression for three years before I was diagnosed with chronic suicidal depression. You MUST NOT, under ANY circumstances, let those pricks get to you. You MUST NOT EVER, hurt yourself, or try to kill yourself. If you start cutting yourself, you will end up trapped in a vicious cycle, and the scars stay with you forever, reminding you of what's happened. I know what its like. My scars are still there. Trying to kill yourself is one of the worst things you can do, because, if you fail, then you'll feel like you can't do anything right, like you can't even kill yourself properly. It took me four suicide attempts before I realised I had to get help.

Please go and get help. I'm sure there will be a chaplain or someone at school you can talk to. A friend. Someone. Anyone.
    Me.
    I will be here for you anytime.
    Just PM and I'll reply asap.

*hugs very tightly*
    You WILL get through this. I know it. Just keep your head up high.