1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The thought of love.:)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fabu2113, Feb 3, 2010.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

i was thinking when i was in deep thought ,and curousity sparked my mind on having a boyfriend.i was thinking, when iam out and i meet someone out there ,and we both fall in love.i would be alittle frighten of the thought of a boyfriend.why why is it ,and i surely know the reason.the reason would be that i would love him alot but takeing that extra step would put me in a nervous break down.i say this bc i have never been with a guy.never kiss one and surely never touched one and i do not meen hugs.the thing is that im kinda scared of the thought that if i ever do get a boyfriend, that he would break up bc of not taking things furthur.and i would be sad bc im a nice guy and my heart is all i have to offer bc i am not that atractive popular guy that had good grades in high school,but i also dont consider me a ugly duckling.i guess i would like to have a happy life and a good one just like everyone else and i think it would be great and fufiling to have someone special in my life to share it with.:slight_smile:

2. NeonCookies

Try not to worry about it to much :slight_smile: i am sure when you find the guy you are in love that he will understand that you are scared and if he does not then maybe he is not the guy for you, in general he should be able to accept you for who you are fears and all :slight_smile:

3. nickmc

Exactly.

I'm sure that if the guy if into you, he'll understand that you need to take time to get into anything deep. Especially if you share with him that he's the first guy you have felt that deeply about.

And don't worry about having a nervous breakdown. You can never predict how you will react when put in certain situations- especially love. It may just happen that you are quite happy to take it further when the time comes. The guy may be just as scared and therefore you have taken it slowly. There are so many different scenarios...

So the gist: don't stress :slight_smile: I'm sure you will find someone who will love you for who you are. And don't compromise yourself for the sake of someone else.

Peace (*hug*)

4. Sylver

OK, two things. First of all you sound like you might have some underlying self-esteem issues - me too. Remember that we tend to be harder on ourselves than we deserve, and others will see much more in us than we might see in ourselves. Plus I think it makes people like us a little more humble, and that can be a sexy trait! :slight_smile:

Second, don't worry about not having been with a guy yet. No one worth anything to you is going to dump you because you're nervous or inexperienced or because you want to take it slow (some guys are even going to find that cute :love:slight_smile:. All relationships involve give and take on both sides, and that very much includes how you want things to progress. Someone is going to come along who loves you for the sum of all the parts of who you are. I think that's the best feeling you can get in all of life!

I love your ending sentence;

You are not alone in thinking this. If you keep this as your mantra, you're bound to find someone else who wants exactly this same thing, and the two of you are going to make a killer couple!! :icon_bigg

5. Jim1454

One thing at a time, OK. Don't worry about your boyfriend breaking up with you before you even have a boyfriend. And don't worry about getting a boyfriend before you're really comfortable with the thought of having one. Because while you're a nice guy - nobody will want to date someone who is on the verge of a nervous breakdown all the time!

Honestly - all that stuff will come very naturally to you and your boyfriend when the time comes. It really isn't that complicated. I promise.