1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice would be great :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NeonCookies, Feb 4, 2010.

1. NeonCookies

So i have been a lesbian for the last two years well i guess i should say i have admitted that i am lesbian for the last two years because honestly i think i always knew i was just never wanted to admit, but anyways i have come out to everyone and i mean everyone except for my dad, i feel ashamed that i am hiding the most important part of me from my father because i think he has the right to know, it also makes very very awkward conversation when he starts talking about me finding a guy and how when i get married to a guy he hopes that i am happy blah blah blah i just sit there and smile. I am so afraid to tell him because the way my brother is reacting to the news he is constantly trying to "ungay" for a lack of a better word he even went as far once to try and set me up with one of his guy friends, it just makes me wonder if this is how my brother is reacting then what is my dads reaction going to be?

Also i have no clue how to bring it up to him, i do not know how to tell my dad that i am lesbian i just do not want to blurt it out and be like Dad i am gay, so any advice would be nice :slight_smile: thank you

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you started dating yet? Or looking for a date?

Lex

3. NeonCookies

I have dated girls before yes but i am currently single

4. Possibly Maybe

I'm assuming your mother is alive. Does she know? Is she on your side, sort of speak?

5. NeonCookies

No my mother actually passed away so i never got to tell her

6. Possibly Maybe

I'm so very sorry to hear that.(*hug*)
    My line of thinking was that you might have a support network that could 'catch' you in case your father took it bad. I mean other family members or friends. Not knowing how a parental unit will react is very difficult- i should know! I guess it depend on you and how important it is for you to let him know the truth. In the worst case scenario you'll have to wait a bit until you're financially independent from him to tell him.
    Hope that helps.