1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay, or is my gadar broken?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pteen, Feb 5, 2010.

1. pteen

Their's this cute boy who in my middle school, who really, really seems gay to me. He doesn't have a girlfriend i don't think he ever has and when he "pretends" to be gay he does it a bit too well, as many around him have said. And one thing about him is he's always giving me hugs, which i'll admit is AWESOME! He told me this somewhat long story about how this girl to his left passed a note to his friend on the right asking if they wanted to date. Then the teacher caught them and every thought he was gay so he played along with the joke and him and his friend pretended they were gay for like a month.

I hope that;s not true, it doesn't seem like it would be.
    So just like the title of the topic:
    Is he gay, or is my gadar broken?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Why not just talk to him and try to get to know him closer or better?

Do you have some feelings for him? If that's the case, it is quite easy to see things that might not be there. Even though there is some confirmation from others that he might be gay or acts gay pr pretends to be gay, that doesn't mean anything. I wouldn't read anything into it st this point. Just talk to him. How well do you know him?

3. pteen

he's a close friend. I met him in a GATE class at the beginning of last year. And we've really attached since then. We can trust each other with just about everything.

4. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay...that's good! :slight_smile: Are you out to him?

5. pteen

I've never really got the chance to because as far as i know there is no way to talk to him privately. I don't recall he has a facebook he would have added me by now and whenever i am near him in person i'm surrounded by people or he's surrounded by people.:icon_sad: Either way i still prefer comming out in person because many of my "comming-outs" have been online. I at least want to here a voice respond.

6. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    maybe just wait till he hugs you again and next time he does say "yum" as he hugs you or say "you are a good hugger" good luck

7. Connor22

I know the feeling, going through almost the exact same thing, Why don't you try inviting him round to your house, come out to him there, then ask him if he is after, just an idea,
    whatever happens: good luck!

8. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you feel ready and want to come out to him, why not just give him a call or e-mail him and ask him if he would like to meet up with you after school, as you would like to talk to him about something. Do you feel that he would be supportive?

Coming out to him of course is not a guarantee that he will come out to you as well or will confirm his sexual identity, but it does show that you do trust him and do want him to know the 'real' you.

If he is closeted your coming out to him, could also provide the encouragement to him to confide in you. That said, give it some thought and also prepare yourself for the possibility that nothing might happen afterward and that things will just continue as they have.

9. pteen

Thanks everyone i've decided i would come out to him whenever i get the chance. I'll tell you how it goes.

10. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck, hope it goes well! Let us know if you want any further input or suggestions.