1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torn, to say the least.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by retrograde, Feb 6, 2010.

1. retrograde

retrograde Guest

I'm in a predicament. I still haven't figured out what my sexuality is. Whatever it is, I don't mind. The problem is this. I'm heels over head for a girl. But I'm only emotionally attracted to females. I can't see myself ever doing anything sexual with one. Any advice on what to do / your opinion on what that makes me?

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I feel that way about women... but what's a relationship without sex? It would be impossible to avoid and not fair to the woman if I only loved her emotionally and she loved me both emotionally and physically... You are probably gay, but there's still a little attraction to women in there somwhere too... just not a physical one

3. retrograde

retrograde Guest

That's exactly what I was thinking.

4. Johnnieguy

I think a lot of gay guys are emotionally attached to women. Not in the same way as we are emotionally attracted to other men, but there tends to be a strong bond between gay men and straight women.

You're 15, so don't worry too much about this just now. Just pay attention to who you think is cute. Enjoy looking at both sexes. Time will show you a path...Also, go with your gut feeling. I always knew that I was gay on some level.

I was also able to tell by a kiss. I kissed a girl or two in high school, yea, but I didn't "get it". In college, when I first kissed another guy, it WAS everything that a kiss is supposed to feel like..It definitely lived up to the hype.

5. retrograde

retrograde Guest

Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile:

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As it was said above, your are 15 and things can still change. Sexual identities are fluid and the can change over time. What I would encourage you to do though is to explore all your feelings that you do have.

If you feel attracted to a girl or a guy, maybe just make a mental note of it, which gives you already one starting point. What kind of an attraction is it? A physical or an emotional or is it both? A good starting point that you already have is that you feel that you are emotionally attracted to females. Maybe explore the feelings that you have for that girl deeper, by talking to her or trying to get to know her better. Also, ask yourself, "what is that I like about her?" Sometimes, when we form a connection with someone, maybe because that person gives us something that we don't find in other friends, we start forming a bond and sometimes that bond can lead to have stronger feelings for that person than for others.

I think a good idea would be if you would have someone to talk about the conflicting emotions and feelings that you might be encountering. Maybe try talking to a counselor at your school. The sessions are confidential and having someone to talk to and providing you with an outlet for your thoughts can really help. Also, talking out loud about your feelings can really help you in making better sense of them. Maybe give that a thought, if this is something you would like to do.

I hope this helps a bit! But no worries, with time you will figure things out. Take your time.

7. retrograde

retrograde Guest

This is an incredible post. Thank you.

8. padre411

I started noticing my physical attraction at 10 years old. In the next 8 years I fell head over heels emotionally for 2 different women. The physical attraction to men never stopped. The mistake I made was stuffing those desires down for 30 years and am in the process of coming out at 46 years old.

Don't let anyone tell you that what you feel is wrong. And don't try to ignore who you are like I did. I grew up in Chattanooga and there was no one around that I could imagine talking to about any of this. I hope there are people who are safe for you.

9. retrograde

retrograde Guest

You're a very inspirational figure, having to go through that. I have a close net of friends who mean the world to me. They support everything I do/am, whether it's good or bad, as I do them.