1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a little confused with something right now.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Feb 7, 2010.

1. OK, so there's a guy I met in school a couple of months ago. I have thought for the longest time that he is probably gay. He talks about females all the time, but in an artistic way and not an erotic way. He is also incredibly femme (not that it really means anything, but still). He also seems to have a huge interest in me. The first day we met, he called me and talked on the phone for four hours. I originally thought that I could be attracted to him, but the more I met him, the less I was into him. He's rather obnoxious, I must say. He also makes gay jokes, but doesn't seem very comfortable at all when making them. What should I do to find out. I don't think I'm at all attracted to him, but it would be nice to know? Anything else I need to say about him to help you determine what his preference is?

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice would be to leave things be maybe. Maybe he'll look to confide in you about his sexuality if he thinks it's necessary but I wouldn't go asking him about it, especially if you're not interested in him in a way that would be more than friendship. I'll assume he's around your age (14) and that's a very difficult time for teens to go through with hormones and dealing with sexuality. There's plenty of time for him to figure it out, if it needs figuring out. But my best advice to you would just leave things be. Hope this helps some! :thumbsup:

3. Sylver

I think you show enough of a curiousity in him to warrant a little more investigation of your own. I'd say to play this out in a passive way, almost as an observer. Become a friend in the literal sense of the word - not too close but not too distant. Time will reveal more of him to you, and then you'll have more to go on in determining if and how he might fit into your life and what his sexual orientation is. He could be a waste of time, he could be a good friend and that's all, or it might even blossom into a relationship to your surprise.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're finding him annoying and obnoxious, I don't think there's any reason to bother finding out. Just assume he is (or isn't), and start cutting contact.

Lex