1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How slow is too slow?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Feb 7, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

Sooo I just got back from my second date with this girl im kinda seeing, and we had a great, awesome time. She complimented me a lot, saying im cute, pretty, etc and I blushed a bit and thanked her for the compliment. I'm not used to girls saying stuff like that to me, even though its sort of expected with going on a date and such.

So she bought me dinner, bubble tea and a little Mario green mushroom plushie. I felt a bit embarrassed that she was spending all this money on me, but I didnt wanna complain so I didnt like...not let her or anything. I figured she wouldnt have offered if she didnt want to. Plus I made her promise to let me pay next time.

We haven't kissed yet. I'm a bit afraid to take the initative, and I'm also worried that if I take things too slow she'll get fed up. Should I talk to her about this, or wait to see how the third date goes? My straight friends have been asking me how it went and they were literally floored when I said we hadn't kissed yet.

Advice?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you want to kiss her? It sounds like you kinda do, and the only thing holding you back is that she "might not be ready". In which case, why not ask during the next date? "Would you mind if I kissed you?" Either she'll be stoked that you brought it up, or she'll be grateful you asked instead of just moving in to start. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Zumbro

Second date. I certainly don't see anything slow there. There is absolutely no reason in my mind to question a relationship on the second date because you aren't physical yet. You're still just getting to know each other as more than friends, and some people just like to move slow. It could be 4 or 5 dates before you kiss, or more, and that's fine. If you want things to speed up, then go ahead and talk about it, but don't listen to what your friends have to say about the speed of your relationship. It's yours, not theirs, so go with what you're comfortable with.

4. Sylver

Take your time, stop worrying and overthinking it, and just enjoy it! If you start falling for her then you'll know when the time is right to move to the next step. Remember, it takes two sets of lips to kiss, and both have to be ready and willing! :icon_wink